Thursday, March 9, 2017

Today ...

I've been so busy lately that I don't know where to start. Over the past few months, I've been decluttering and so, I thought to clean out the bed and make it nice and fresh last month... this meant getting new pillows. And so, I thought to buy feather pillows.

Little did I know, I'm allergic to feathers; so much so that I break out in hives from them!

So, I took them back to K-Mart today while my laundry was on the line and the bi-carb soda was on the bed - again! - and I bought a new mattress protector (just in case mites from the feather pillows got into the protector; and besides, the old one was looking, well, old). 

Anyway, I thought to pop by my local charity store and I found a whole lot of old gear there! But they had put sticky price tags on things that they weren't supposed to - like the paper 'Phantom' comics they had there which would have been worth a lot of money if they hadn't had the $4.00 sticky tag on it. And now it's worth nothing. The same went for the 1950's Women's Monthly Home Journal... I don't know why some places do this, but it just removes so much of the value on the item.
Then, I walked around and found the best item ever! I found a 'Renoir' easel! It's brand new and hadn't been put together properly... but they wanted $40 for it; even when it had missing parts (like its repair kit of Allan Keys). I talked them down to $30 and scored myself a very cool, brand new easel ... yep, it's never been used! But I knew I just couldn't put my finger on what was wrong with it. So, I dropped into Mum and Dad's and asked them to help me with it. Eventually, we figured it out... and I'll be using my new easel for my paintings in future.

When I returned home, I vacuumed the bed, put the new mattress protector on it, pulled in the laundry, put the pillow protectors (new last week) and made up the bed... it looks lovely. I just hope I don't itch from it all now. 

After a well-earned shower, I'm no longer itchy around my neck from hives; and I'm looking forward to a good-night's rest. Tomorrow, I have to do a few more things before I sleep in on Saturday; and do some decluttering over the weekend and throwing out as well. Then, Monday? Well, Monday is my first art class. I just hope I'm prepared for it. Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment