Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Plans For This Year

This year, I'm working on so much already. There's markets next month, and I need a gazebo with walls because it's an outdoor market. I have already sent off a huge haul to the charity store and taken a bag of old bathroom towels to the RSPCA as well. I'm also working on Peter Walsh's 31-Day Challenge; and doing quite well too.

So far, I've cleaned out the bathroom, done something with the entry-way table, thrown out some clothes, started doing weight-training and stopped eating so much sugar. I'm also looking at my budget and working on saving up big for a gazebo for next month's market by backing off on buying so much food... yep, I'm going to budget like I did last year when I had to pay back Dad for the kitchen table. I already have the money for the walls and the waterproofing, now I need to save up big for the gazebo itself. I'll get halfway there and see if Mum or Dad can help me with the rest of it. It's a pop-up one where you can do it on your own. 

Anyway, I'm hoping to go through my wardrobe and toss out clothes that are either too big or too small for me, or clothes I no longer wear. This will take a while, but if I do it bit by bit, I'm sure it'll be something I'll really get into; and it'll be a good way to be able to rework my wardrobe for next year.

This Winter, I'm hoping to buy some big pots for the garden - and I mean good-sized ones to replace smaller ones. Then, I'll use the smaller ones to pot up the other plants in tiny pots... and then I'll start off another season of new plants for next year. And then? I'll start saving up for a whipper-snipper for the garden to keep the lawn looking better. By this time, I'll have an edger (one of those things you run along the edge of the concrete to cut off the stragglers of the lawn) and the garden will have different levels of plants and will really start to look like a bit of a forest. I'll also see if I can get my hands on a couple of statues for the garden to make it really take another step in the right direction.
At Christmas, I'll do up the yard in Christmas lights... not the front garden (they'll get stolen), the backyard. I'll see what I can do with it and make the place look nice. 

By this time, the rest of the house will have been tidied up more and been more organised. I'll be at the markets working my butt off selling things all over Brisbane, and I'll have my little hobby business working well for me. And things will have started to really pick up. 

That's this year I have planned for myself. It's going to be busy. It's going to be difficult on the finances. Most of all, it's going to be fun! So, what are you hopeful plans this year? Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment