Saturday, December 17, 2016

Only A Week Away!

Christmas is only a week away and I'm finished.

I'm finished with my Christmas shopping, card sending, and decorating for the month. I'm not going anywhere for anyone at all for the next week. I have presents for everyone in the immediate family; and if I have found a present for one of my cousins or Aunts well, they're lucky!

For the next week, I'm going to be here at my place reading, writing, tidying up and putting things away... it's going to be a stinker of a week and I don't wish to move anywhere (unless I have to) and it's going to be a good week of me not moving unless I need to.

I'll be doing a modeling gig, but that's to get me out of my comfort zone and get me into modeling again... and that's a good thing for the coming New Year.

Otherwise, the one rule I always stand by with every Christmas is: never go near a shopping centre the week before Christmas. Those places are just too damned crowded for me; and I hate crowds to the point where I either can't breath or you'll find me outside sitting on a seat staring into space because it bothers me that much.

I have had this problem with crowds so much I avoid art openings, the city and night clubs (the latter has other problems that have to do with my health; but that's another blog post). So, crowds aren't really a good thing for me... I only just made it through last New Year's Eve as the crowds at a street party wasn't too bad - except the clowns (yep, hate clowns - stop laughing, it's a real fear) who I really didn't wish to run into there. 

Crowds of any kind exhaust the crap out of me. I went out to lunch with friends and I was good at the beginning of it when there weren't that many people around. However, when the place was full to the brim with people at surrounding tables, I started to get tired. It started feeling as though I was being crushed slowly from the outside. We decided to leave at the right time; as when I arrived home, all I wanted to do was sleep. 

So, all the Christmas shopping bothers me because people rush, push and become rude. It's just how it works out. It's strange though: when I do a market, as a retailer, it's a different thing for me. My table keeps the crowds from bother me. I'm behind my table - where it's nice, neat and tidy - and crowds are on their own side where they can annoy each other. So, attending a market as a retailer is a totally different thing... it's exhausting, but it's a physical exhaustion, not a mental exhaustion. 

Anyway, I digress.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. I'll still be here for a bit until the New Year when I may not be doing as many posts for the first week or so. Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment