Tuesday, October 4, 2016

This Year

It's been around a year since I wrote a post about what I've been up to over the year of my birthday... and so I'm at it again.

It's 4th, October. Tomorrow is my Birthday and I don't mind aging. I guess it's got to do with wanting to experience the world as it is; and enjoying myself while I do.

During this past year, I've given the boutique markets a rest. Last year, I didn't make any money, so I took a step back and figured out why... it was my product placement and that some of the things I was putting out there were produced properly. So, I have been working on making a better product; taking my time and learning new skills to work with the markets again next year.

I'm writing more books. Yep, once a writer, always a writer... it's the creative in me who gets a right workout. Being like this makes life exhausting; but I'm also painting as well as doing needlepoint, which makes life so much more colourful. But I wouldn't be an artist if I didn't have these things in my life.

My garden got a great makeover. It's the third year on and it was time to repot things over Winter, so I did. I started up a new blog about my garden, and have had another blogger who put my garden blog on his blog roll, to help kick it along. I also still have my garden facebook group too. 

My next door neighbour and her guy broke up, and she and I have become close friends. It's been good to be able to just hang out with her for hours on end and not feel as though I have to leave. She's so much happier and is working harder at work as well. I'm so happy for her because she's happier in herself.

I started a new painting when I came down with laryngitis over the weekend my 20 year class reunion happened. On the Saturday night, I was out and about, and okay and then the next morning, I discovered that my voice was croaky; however it became worse, not better. By the Monday, I went to the doctors and he told me what I had and to stay home, not talk to anyone and not talk at all... woah! That's so much easier said than done! But I got a lot of reading, painting and cleaning out done in that week. I still have the cough from it after 4 months though... can't do much about that.

Life itself has been good. I'm still cleaning out my house. I sold my late-Grandma's kitchen table to somebody in Beenleigh, who wanted to do it up for her family. To replace it, I bought a Chiswell dining setting off a man on Gumtree... it's beautiful, and I love it! Life is getting better as this year passed by. I've started saving up big for something huge I want... it will take time to get to my goal, but I'm not saying what it's going to be yet. So, there I am... my year in a blog post. It doesn't seem as though I got a lot done, but I did... I even got my heart stood on by some dude out there who I thought I knew - but didn't. Oh well, just as well I found out now than later, right? Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment