Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Haven't Stopped - Until Now

Today is the first day I've stopped for over a week. I've finally stayed home to do nothing but chill out and maybe get in and do a bit of housework and some painting.

But over the last week, I've been busy as hell. 

I've recovered from the laryngitis, but there's a cough that's hanging on from it that's going to be with me for another month or so - from what I've been told. But otherwise I'm good and well. 

Last week, I started on the last part of the three-year garden fix-up. Every three years, I spend some serious dosh on my little garden to make it take a big step forward. I know that sounds like a lot to do, but during the years in between those three years, I care for the garden, prune it, pull the weeds, fertilise it and make sure it's well. I also take notes on what needs to be done, saved for and which plants need new pots, new potting mix and what I can do with the old pots - which other plants can be transferred into the old pots that I have left. 
You see, I don't use plastic pots. I go to the expense and use terra-cotta pots, so they last a long time and not go brittle. But it costs so much money and saving up for them is something I am good at when the time comes. 

So, during last week, I moved a few things around the garden and bought myself a standard Ficus. This plant is related to the Strangler Fig and it's advisable to keep it in a pot. So, I bought a pot and all the fixings to get it into that new pot. By the end of the week, the garden had been changed around. The steps by the side fence were moved to another part o the garden, where the pots there used them, and the Ficus became a focus point in the garden. This is good... and has made the garden fix-up come to an end this year two weeks ahead of schedule. This means I can start saving for other things I would like around the place if I want to.

I then went to Bunnings and found a shelf-splitter. This is a metal shelving unit you install in your pantry - or on top of your benchtop - and you can organise your space better. I have been looking for this for ages; since Bunnings advertised it two weeks before actually. Then, I showed it to Mum and she thought it was a great idea and got me to go and buy her some.

During the weekend, though, I've been doing volunteer work, knitting and at a Birthday Party at my brother's house to celebrate his girlfriend's birthday. So, I baked my famous cream scones and whipped up some cream to take with me. It was a great afternoon and we were home by 7pm. 

This week is going to be just as busy as I have to see the doctors about an x-ray I got done last week, do the grocery shopping (which isn't going to be much by the look of things) and then work on the painting I'm halfway through. Yep, this week - like last week - is going to be busy, busy, busy. Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment