Sunday, June 26, 2016

It's Back!

My voice, not the laryngitis... and it's so good to be able to talk to people and go out! I had no idea how social I've become since owning a car; and man, I missed driving and getting out and about after a few days stuck at home.

Besides, I didn't really feel all that social when I couldn't talk; I mean, how would I ask for something when all that came out was a whisper - or nothing at all.

So, yesterday was my first big day out to do things - and I made sure it was a good time. I went to the gallery to look at my work on the walls and chat to everyone. Jillian thought I might be contagious, but I'm not. But I didn't stick around for long; I had places to go and things to do before the weekend was out.
Then, I off to Arndale to pick up some pens (write a book in longhand with) and a few paint brushes. I happened to pick up some other things too while I was there. Once home, I set up the house as a studio and worked on a painting I've been working on since Monday for about 3 hours before putting it all away and watching 'Paper Moon' - a movie I've never seen before - and then got myself some dinner.

It really started to get cold as I put on a dvd and I got into my knitting and watched a few episodes of 'Orange is the New Black' Season 1. My neighbours gave me Seasons 1 and 2 to me saying that they got them all on blueray and thought I'd like them - and I do. It's a great show. I got to bed around 12:30am... and it was freezing! 

This morning, I was away early to the Rochedale Fruit Markets to buy milk, cream and the paper as well as some mushrooms and pumpkin and a plant... it was nice to get those things so early.

Once home, I put on a load of towels in the machine and made coffee and breakfast of pancakes.  It's been a good day, but cold. I'm hoping to warm up more soon to get back into my artwork for the afternoon. Until my next post, take care, stay safe, and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment