Friday, May 6, 2016

May Already?

It's quickly becoming cooler and the days are shorter, and I'm busier now than I have ever been in Summer. 

Isn't that always the way when you lose track of time? 

The garden is beginning to go through its Winter changes. I've been repotting plants and upgrading the cuttings into largers pots. This is going well seeing Brisbane has had some great rainfall lately; but it's brought out the midgies and mozzies - which made a right meal out of my feet last week! And just today, the itching has stopped without the used of the medicated 'Soove', so that's a good thing. 

I've been hanging out with a great artist friend of mine and today we had lunch at Springwood... and this morning, I freaked out thinking he might drop me at my house, expecting to hang out at my place - and I realised I had let my living room become so messy (this happens when I don't get regular visitors) and I raced around and cleaned it up, washed up and was in a panic! But then, he ended up not coming in... phew! Oh well, my place is nice and tidy now and I'm going to see if I can keep it that way.
This afternoon, I did two loads of laundry, cleaned the coffee pot and put it away and sorted through more sewing stuff to put into a new sewing box I bought on Wednesday at Spotlight while it was on sale.

Seeing I've been kind of slowing down with my cleaning up and my friend has kick-started me into it again, I'm hoping to get into working on the lounge room and seriously tossing out what's not needed and what will be worked on sooner - rather than later - is the rest of the wash table for my bedroom. It's been far too wet lately to get in and do it. After that, I have to get in and door the chest that I picked up as well and redo the whole veneer on it because it got wet at some stage and it's all peeling. I'll need Dad's help on that one in a serious way. I'll be storing valuable things inside it - things that are going to be held for a later date... things that nobody will know about it. So, I'll be putting a few boxes inside it with things inside it that I have had for a long time. This box will be a special box - to me anyway.

Well, I'm hoping to save more money soon... sooner rather than later... to finish up the garden in June/July. There's still a lot of repotting to do and I need to get in and do it, one pot at a time. Well, until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.   

No comments:

Post a Comment