Saturday, December 26, 2015

Merry Christmas!

It's been a good couple of days with a sour ending last night. However, the good outweighs the bad in my case; as I received what I wanted, and gave more than I received.

On 24th, December, we gathered at my cousin, Kate's, place and had a wonderful Dutch Christmas where we ate more food than humanly possible, exchanged gifts, then scoffed down more food and coffee. Riley didn't know what to expect, as this was her first Christmas away from her Mum; and she hadn't seen a family Christmas where nobody was fighting. I asked how she was going a few times, she said okay, but I knew she was just sussing out the room and watching the party.

Gabe, my brother, loved the single malt fully-imported whiskey from Speyside, Scotland. Dad was impressed I found something that was such good quality for a good price - and Gabe loved it as he tried some of it when he arrived home; was too good to share with his buddies, so he's hiding that one on them - hehehee.
Kat received at pendant from me which was petrified wood. She loved it. I bought it off the silversmith himself at the gallery and she was impressed that I picked one that wasn't too heavy and the colour was just right. 
Mum and Dad's presents were given to them on Christmas Day, so I wasn't unwrapping mine alone here at home. I don't like being alone at Christmas; not since Little Miss Stevie died - it's just to depressing. I still miss her horribly.

At Mum and Dad's place, we exchanged gifts and enjoyed watching 'Arthur Christmas', an animated movie which had us falling around the lounge room laughing! It would have been hilarious on the big screen, but it was brilliantly done. 
I bought my folks two dvds - 'The King's Speech' and 'Mrs Brown's Boys D'Movie' and a few other things that I thought they'd love. Then I gave them a hand-crafted box I bought at the Logan Art Gallery; which Mum adored. They said they'd watch the movies down the coast and they would put the box to good use around the house - or even store their coasters in it on the coffee table in the lounge room... 
Lunch was leftovers and freshly peeled prawns. And of course we all ate too much food. But then, that's what Christmas is all about. We split up the food and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon watching another Christmas move with Michael Keaton in it and then I went home just before they left for the coast again.

The sour ending was last night. One of my neighbour's has a new girlfriend, and for some reason or another, we don't really get along (okay, we can't always get along with everyone, that's fine). So, I've kept to myself, minded my own business and done my own thing. She's made sure to pick on me, stick her face in mine and whenever possible scream abusive names at me when I've tried to talk to her about one thing or another. Yep, she rude. I'm not the only person she's rude to like this - so it's not an isolated incident. 
But last night, I was watching a movie and I heard what I thought was teenagers outside my house and to opened the door and told them to shut up; but it was her and her daughter. She screamed abuse at me as I closed the door... but I heard every word and I reopened it told her to piss off and really slammed the door. She upped the antie and became louder until she got into her car and drove away.
Last night, I wrote an email to the right authorities about the months of abuse I've copped because of her. I'm not putting up with her doing this to me.

But today, I was hanging out my laundry when I heard her boyfriend tell her that he heard what went on last night and he wanted her to apologise to me. She told him to bugger off and that she wanted me to apologise to her. He said that I had been very quiet today - and I had - and that they had better start looking for another place to live because he knows I've written an email. She got snotty about it, but didn't knock on my door. I don't expect her to get it that screaming abuse at somebody isn't right... but at the very least, admit it when she's not the nicest person to be around.

Anyway, I hope you've all had a better Christmas than I have in the end. At least most of my Christmas was wonderful. I have got plans in place for next year: save up for a new tattoo on the back of my left shoulder of Angel wings. And I'll be working on a sign post of fictional lands (similar to the one you see in M*A*S*H) to put in my garden. Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

2 comments:

  1. Christmas is now over for another year! Now it's time to think about New Year celebrations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How true... I received your text and your lovely card. Thank you so much for that; I did send you one as I lost your address. I'm so sorry about this; won't happen next year.

      Delete