Monday, December 21, 2015

Busy Week Coming Up - For Everyone!

Today is probably the last day where I'll be able to sit on my butt and do almost nothing all day. Okay, I've been doing a few things scatter throughout the day, but I'm making sure I'm not burnt out over this week - yep, I'm getting a full-nights' sleep every night.

Okay, I'm still one of those people who can't sleep all that well on Christmas Eve because it's just the little kid inside me who's excited about the whole day of presents and giving and receiving and all the food and fun of it all. I hope I'm not the only one who's like that.

Of course I'm not.

Well, today, got all the laundry done, the sheets on the bed changed over, other laundry put away, the blanket from Winter/Spring put away and Grandma's 1970's quilt put away too. Now, out on the line is just the laundry from the past week and I'm waiting for it to be good and dry so I can get it in about an hour. 
Otherwise, I've washed up everything and been out and about today to donate a Christmas present to the K-Mart Wishing Tree. I handed in a Christmas mug filled with all kinds of teas (all wrapped), a hand-painted picture frame and a hand-knitted dish cloth... I wrapped it all up in celophane so they don't have to unwrap it all and they can see everything in it. The girl who helped me with the card said it all looked lovely... and was surprised that I thought to add in something hand-made, most people just buy something from K-Mart and hand it in. I'd rather make something than buy something; it's got a more personal touch to it.

Then, I was off to Springwood to pick up some money for tomorrow and some decorations to use in a piece I'm working on... I'll see if it works out. If not, I'll be putting it all away and trying again next year. So far, it hasn't worked. I'll have to look into how it worked for my friend who made one on Facebook. I've worked on it 5 times now, and each time, it's fallen apart. There's more glitter around my living room than on the decorations, and some of them are now broken from me handling them so much... so I think I'll just pack it up and leave it alone.

Anyway, I'm ready for the volunteer work tomorrow morning. And that afternoon, I'll be doing some reading and tidying up around the place so I can chill out without being stressed out. On Wednesday, I'll be making a dip and two cakes for Thursday night, where the family will get together at a cousin's house for Christmas Eve dinner. Then, on Friday, Mum, Dad and I will be hanging out for a light lunch for a few hours and they'll head back to the coast, and I'll be back home.

Yep, a week of busy things happening. But then, it's onto New Years' Eve... I don't know what I'll be doing then. This is my first year of not being anywhere for that night. So, I might have a movie marathon of a particular actor or do something else for the night. I'm not sure yet. Well, until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment