Wednesday, December 23, 2015

A Day Filled With Cooking!

I wanted to sleep in today - but I didn't because it turned very hot very quickly. Instead, I sat on the computer for a few hours after breakfast and opened a Pinterest account for mainly my craft gear.

Then at around midday, I jumped offline and started preparing the Turkish Carrot Dip. For those who don't know, I've got a label down the side called 'Recipes' and you can find it there. It's a fun one to do and has only 4 ingredients; but you have to be patient and don't use too much garlic or you can ruin this dish. While the carrots were cooling, I started on the two Christmas Cakes. I had to cook the pumpkin in one pot and the dried cranberries and blueberries with spice, some sugar and a cup of water in another pot; then let the whole lot cool (once I put a teaspoon of bi-carb soda into the second pot). Then, it once it all cooled down, the real action of the day started!

I greased the Christmas Tree-shaped tins, lit the oven and put the cooked, grated carrot into the serving bowl of yoghurt with a pinch of salt and garlic... which was kept chilled in the fridge over this time.

By the time the cakes were cooked, the kitchen was a mess and I was on the phone with a friend of mine who was in real need of a good talk. By the time the cakes were cooled, I had the dip in the fridge, the oven turned off and was thinking about what to have for dinner... and my friend had to go because she was having dinner too. 

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. We have plenty to do tomorrow during the day and the night. I have had a good few nights where it's been quiet, except last night where I heard noise but didn't quiet know where it was coming from, so didn't go and have a look for it; instead chose to ignore it. Well, until my next post, take care, stay safe this Christmas Season and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment