Saturday, October 24, 2015

Birthday Discounts

I went out yesterday to Garden City and had a day to myself - something I haven't done in a long time. Usually I stay home and do some needlepoint or painting. But I wanted to get away from the house instead.

I had some Birthday Discounts I had to cash in at Garden City and when they come around, they usually only last a month; so thought I should jump on them while I had them. I also had to pick up some art gear too... mainly magnets for a new line of work I'm looking at.

Anyway, I packed my handbag, locked up the house and was on my way. I always have fun going out to these places as sometimes I never know what I'll be doing - like yesterday was a bit of a pantser day. I had a fair idea of what I needed to do, but no list of things. I did look at other stores of things I haven't seen before and wanted to just have a look at for a while before Christmas came along (yeah, I suss out stores for presents before I spend my money).

Well, I went to Riot Art and bought some large magnets for a project I'm working on, then was off to Priceline and bought something there as well. And then walked all the way up to the other end to Strand Bags where I had a membership with them and had a Birthday Voucher to use there as well; so I used that. I bought a new purse for myself. It's very cute, green and bigger than my other Roxy purse. It also hides a lot more things than the Roxy purse too; which is good. 

Then, I was off to Gloria Jeans for my free coffee - yep, it was my Birthday coffee. I had that with a piece of orange and almond slice; very lovely and not too sweet. While I was there, I changed over stuff from my old purse to the new one and texted Mum to drop in to see her for a few minutes. 

Well, by the time I got home it was just past 1pm or so.  I jumped on here and looked around the internet and then thought to get offline and start looking at something to eat - by then it was around 3pm. I had had fun yesterday being out and about - something I haven't done in over a month, and should do more often. Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment