Tuesday, September 29, 2015

No News - Good News?

There's not much going on at the moment. I've been busily stitching away with a new project at my Craft Group, the Agave next to my car port is finally flowering after around 20 years of being in the same spot and I finished up my niece's 16th Birthday Present... now, I have to search around for an appropriate box to put all her pressies into.

Otherwise, I haven't really been all that busy. 

Last Saturday, we had a lunch at Mum and Dad's house with the whole family. It was great. Riley and I talked about all kinds of stuff, from art to writing. She's been looking in on my Flash Fiction blog lately and loves what I write; but enjoys my poetry more than anything else. She asked me why I don't write poetry anymore.  I don't know why I don't, I guess I have to have the feel for it to write it.

Anyway, Mum gave me her Corning Ware coffee pot... and what a lovely pot it is! I love many things from the 1970's. It was a daggy decade of our times and I totally enjoy what came out there. So many bad things came out of the 1970's - like Fondue - and so many good things came out of those years too - like Corning Ware. 
This range of cookware will last you a lifetime if you look after it. And Mum has looked after hers. I found all her Corning Ware at the back of the cupboards and they looked brand new! So, I'm doing out my cupboards to fit the rest of it all into my kitchen; so I can use them. I don't want the set split up, and I will take care of it all too.

My garden has been flourishing since I fixed it up... and so just before the first lot of rain and storms, I put out some fertiliser into the pots and watered it all in.  Two days later, it poured rain, making the garden look better than ever! I'm looking forward to a great Summer of flowering Agapanthus lovely new plants around my postage stamp backyard... I just hope I have it all done up by next Winter - or just after - so it looks so much better for next Summer.

Well, so much for not having anything to say - there was plenty! Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment