Sunday, April 19, 2015

At Long Last!

Autumn has arrived to Australia - at long last!  The shorter days, cooler nights and unusual weather has begun to show its face.

And I love it!

I have been looking forward to our Wintery days as I can get my butt into the garden really start working on it as I save my money for new pots, start to divide up my plants that need dividing and enjoy the colder weather - this means I don't sweat as much I do in Summer.

Yes, I'm a Winter person, I hate Summer.  I hate Summer with a passion... it's too hot, too sweaty.  I get sunburned too easily and the days are too long, the nights are too steamy.  I do love the Winters of cooler days and nights.

Well, over the last week, I sold an old Singer Sewing Machine to a friend of mine who was looking for something like it.  When Will saw it in my car port, he took to it with a screwdriver and pulled it apart immediately!  He kept on saying that he was eager to get into working on it; and he did once he got it home!  He bought it off me for around $50 - which made me happy too!  I have put that away so I can start saving up for something I've wanted for the house for a while now: a Ryobi 30+ kit.  It's two large rechargeable lithium batteries that can run drills, torches, whipper-snippers, lawn mowers and other such appliances around the garden and house and the most expensive part is the battery and charger.  I started saving about two weeks ago, and now I have the extra money, I'm looking at getting this for myself for Christmas.

Anyway, on Wednesday or so, I was at a workshop I took part in the previous week, and on the way I picked up my mail.  In the PO Box I found a parcel pick-up card, and I went inside and found a 3kg bag waiting for me!  It was filled with crochet yarn for my dishcloths!  Yay!  I finished off my other  dishcloths within about a day and then started on the bigger dishcloths with two different yarns from the ones in the mail.  
Now, this week, I've got to post off some of my gear from my work of Crafty Pegs to the lady who sent me the yarn as payment.  And we'll do it again in about three months or so, or once I need more.  

Tomorrow, I have the antenna people coming out to look at the reception on my television.  Over the last few years, it's been getting progressively worse.  I told my landlord and he's getting it fixed.  So, today, I'm clearing a space in next to the television for tomorrow morning.

So, what have you all been up to?  I have had a busy time over the last few weeks; thus why I haven't kept up with my blog as much as I'd like.  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

1 comment:

  1. The only thing I like about Winter is cuddling up to another person. I am more a summer person who loves to be in the water.

    ReplyDelete