Sunday, February 15, 2015

Okay.... I'm back... Phew! What A Week!

It's been such a busy week, I don't know where to start... but I'll try to fill you all in on what's been happening.

Last Saturday, 7th, February, I had a full day out.  I was away from the house by 9am and off to the Hyperdome Library where I attended a meeting on how to get my name out there into the world when it came to writing and publicising my books.  It was great because what I learned here I could use with my Crafty Pegs business too.
From there, I was off to Mum and Dad's house for around 20 minutes to pick up some things from there.  Once everything was laminated and ready, I was back in the car and off to the bank, then driving to the Mamma Mia Mini Markets which started at 3pm and went until 8pm. 
I didn't make any profit... only a little bit of money and that was it, but no profit.  Oh well.  Anyway, I got onto the road by 8:30pm or so, and was back at my folks' house by 9pm where I had a cup of tea to unwind and I was home by 10pm.  I was in bed by 11pm

What. A. Day!

However that wasn't all... a neighbour two doors down came home with his loud friends and started up a party at 11:30pm - music and all - just when I was dropping off.  I called the caretaker (who complained his hands were tied and that I should call the police) and then I called the police and at 1:30am, the neighbour's party closed up.  This was after the caretaker talked to him at 11:45pm and after I called the police... 

The next day, I was out again.  I felt like crap.  But I went out again because the family was going to the Moreton Bay Yacht Club for lunch for Dad's birthday.  It was a brilliant lunch in a great atmosphere.  Afterwards, we all waddled back to Gabe and Kat's place where we scoffed into Baked Custard with Rice and German Friendship Cake.  I made the former and Gabe made the latter... yummo!

Monday was my craft group and we were all there for the first group of the year.  So many thing were brought along for us to look at.  I bought a big black plate of a fish (which I'm using as a fruit bowl) and we all sat and chatted all afternoon while doing our craft.

On Tuesday I worked on my shopping list and cleaned out more stuff from the house and kitchen table.  My bin was almost full when I put it out that night.  Wednesday was shopping day and I still had stuff to put in the bin just as the rubbish guys came to pick it up.  And I was exhausted, so I didn't go on the computer that night... just shuffled off to bed.

Thursday was the day I received a phone call from the Leukaemia Foundation asking if I was going to take part again... yes I am!  This time I'm going to shave the lot off - a #4 buzzcut - and then donate my hair to make a wig.  The woman on the other end said it was best to look for a wigmaker in my city.  Well, that's a post for another time!

Anyway, Friday came around and I had two appointments:  one for my optometrist and one for my chiropractor.  I received my sponsorship book from the Leukaemia Foundation and within the first day, I raised over $130!  How cool is that?

On Saturday, I did my volunteer work at the Logan Art Gallery.  We had Music in the Gallery for the 20th Birthday Celebrations of the Gallery here in Logan City.  It was so great!  I totally enjoyed the music.  Mum and Dad were down to come along, but it slipped their mind.  So, I recorded some on my phone and showed them when I got off work; and Dad said they should have gone.  Oh well, next time! 

So, it comes to today.  This morning, I had pancakes with lime and sugar and fruit.  The leftover pancakes have been wrapped up in foil for afternoon tea... yummo!  Anyway, that's my week. I hope your week has been as busy and filled-up as mine has.  I'm totally stuffed and need to catch up with my sleep.  But it's good to be tired and happy like this.  So, do tell, how has your week been?  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment