Sunday, December 28, 2014

The Pitter Patter of Rain

Here I am at Brunswick Heads and it's pouring rain.  Yep, raining like cats and dogs... everyone's walking around in the poodles.  Okay, bad joke time.  That's how boring it is here; cold and boring.

I arrived here by Little Green Machine yesterday morning and within about an hour or so, it began to really pour rain.  How's that for timing?  Great, eh?  Yeah, wonderful.

Oh well, at least I have some great reading to get done - that is if I don't get it all done within the first few days of being here, hehe.  

But I am hoping to get my butt to Mullumbimby and up to the Tweed River Art Gallery (again).  It'll be good to see that place at my own pace.  I also want to get in and look around the markets here too next Saturday.  So, no matter what the weather, I'll be going somewhere in my little green car.  

However, last night, I cooked a lovely dinner of pumpkin and carrot soup for Mum and Dad at the camp kitchen.  And this morning I tried to cook pancakes... but I burnt most of them.  Oh well, can't win them all.  I'm just not accustomed to the electric elements and heavy-based pan I was using... live and learn I guess.  

Today, I'll be checking on my car to see how it's going in the rain.  Then, I'm hoping to get myself to the shops at Ocean Shores to pick up some art gear at the cheap store over there as I forgot to bring along my sketch book and pencils.  

So, what do you love doing on a rainy day?  Normally I enjoy reading and writing and listening to music.  However, if I'm down the coast, staying in a caravan, things are a little different.  And with the world being so tech-savvy, it's easy to keep yourself occupied.  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment