Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Week Away...

It's only a week until Christmas Eve and I've finally got all my shopping finished.  I'm not going anywhere near a shopping centre again if I can help it.  No way in hell is my car going to be caught in the hubbub of traffic of a K-Mart of Coles... ever again until the New Year.

I know that sounds silly, but really I don't want to be amongst the crowds; as I hate them with a passion.  

For example, today while I was doing my grocery shopping... the kids were unbelievably dumb.  They just wandered around in a stupor while their parents kept telling them to get out of the way of other people's trolleys.  I felt like running over them just to show that I really was in a hurry to get home... but no, the kids looked half-stoned and kept saying, 'What?  Oh... yeah... okay, Mum.'  then they still stood there in front of me while I asked them to move again and they'd just glare at me.  After that, their Mum would grab them and yank them out of the way apologising to me saying that their kid normally knows better than to just stand there in the middle of the damned aisle.  

Yep, nearly every kid at the shops was like that... I don't know what it is.  Once their out of school, kids' brains just turn into mush when they're not learning something or in front of the computer?  It's beyond me.

Anyway, I got in and worked on my grocery list... and it wasn't a big shop this time; seeing it was going to be a half-shop for the holidays.  I also bought some Christmas presents while I was out too.  I ended up looking at some dvds at Woodys' and the girl there handed me a Christmas Card, saying the team really wanted me to know they appreciated me sticking with them after the store closed.  I said it was horrible when it did close, but still they have to keep going any way they can.

Well, today, I checked the mail and found I had received 4 Christmas cards and a parcel from Amazon!  Yay!  My book about Frida Kahlo had arrived.  But the good thing about my order is that I had asked them to wrap it for me so I didn't wreck the surprise for myself.  So, I signed the card 'from The Christmas Book Fairy' and put it under the tree.  Not a bad thing to buy presents for Christmas for yourself, is it? Nah, I didn't think so.

I also bought a few things for the bathroom for when I was away.  You see, last year, the toilets got some awful water stains in them which took me months to get rid of.  So, this time around, I'm going to make sure they stay clean while I'm away.  I know it's a gross thing to talk about on a blog, but it was a really annoying thing to have something like this happen after you've been on holidays.  So, I'm covering all my bases with it this time around (and I still don't know what the heck happened for the stain to happen either).

Anyway, I'm sitting here in the home office with the air conditioner going and still sweating it out... I reckon it's going to be a very hot and sticky Christmas - without a doubt.  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment