Friday, November 21, 2014

It's Been A While

I know it's been a little while since my last post, and I'm usually very regular here.

It's because I've been busily writing and trying to keep myself cool from the heat.  Otherwise, I'm looking at a few weekends where I'm busy as hell.  

Like this weekend for example.  On Saturday, I have my volunteer work and then, there's Sunday where it's a full day of going out with the Logan Art Gallery for our Christmas Party.  Very cool!

Next weekend, 29th and 30th, are days where I'll be out too.  I'll be at the Murrarie Markets on Saturday afternoon and on Sunday, I'm going to a meet-up at a friend's house... it's going to be great.

The weekend after that, there's the volunteer morning tea where our 5, 10 and 15 year badges are handed out and we have a lovely morning tea with everyone, then we all go home.  It's a big morning.

But this week has been an amazing week. I went out shopping on Wednesday to fill my house with food.  Yesterday, I went out to a friend's house - Mark Davey - at Eden's Landing.  What a place!  It's filled with art from top to bottom!  This guy lives and breathes art and paintings.  He's also an avid gardener who's made his garden into something which is reminiscent of Monet's garden.  All he's missing is that famous bridge; but you never know, he might build one yet.  Anyway, we sat and chatted all day and enjoyed each other's company and listened to music all day... he doesn't have a television; so ti radio was on the whole time.  He has two gorgeous dogs - Frida and Rembrandt - and his place is so peaceful and filled with shade and birds... and mozzies!  But we fixed them... it was a great day, and I ended up getting home around 9pm or so after staying for dinner.  

What a day!  We clicked in the most amazing way too; agreeing that we are going to be great friends.  He gave me a lovely painting as well, which I hung up in my bedroom.  He said to me: 'A bunch of flowers, these ones won't die.' they're just gorgeous.  I can see us being close friends; but we'll see how it all goes.

Today, I'm going to take it easy and do a few things around the house, then I have to check on the mail and post off something overseas and be back here for the rest of the day.  Until next time, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment