Friday, October 31, 2014

A Pinched Nerve; Not A Tickler

It's Halloween and I'm in pain.  Yep, I've had to rest my left arm from doing any craft... this is no fair.  I also am not allowed on a computer.

Okay, I got around that last one.  

I rolled up a towel and am leaning on it.

Over the past week, my left arm has been giving me horrible pain - and on Wednesday night, I just couldn't sleep.  So, what happened?  I went to the doctors yesterday and I've pinched and inflamed my Ulna nerve... yowch!  Not exactly what I thought it would have been, but at least I know how to treat it.  The doctor said for me to sit and read a book; so I have been doing that, and surfing the net and looking at things.

But this year, I'm not celebrating Halloween.  For the first time ever, I can't dress up my house and get the spooky on for the kids - not that any of them ever showed up at my place.  I'm unable to carve a pumpkin and I just can't afford the lollies or anything.  
So, what I have done is bring my Halloween Box over to my parent's house so Mum can dip into it this year.  I also brought over the decorations so they can have the fun I normally have.  It was missing a few things, but she said it's good I went to the trouble of making up the baggies of kookie stuff for the kids.  

Anyway, I've been sitting here just looking around Facebook and reading a few things.  My left arm is still twinging a little from time to time; otherwise I'm good.  The main problem I have is that this arm will take a while to heal seeing I'm left-handed and have been trying to feed myself and do other things with my right hand, things I do normally with my left arm... I know that sounds silly, but as much rest as possible will help it in every way.

How fortunate was I that my older brother broke my little finger on my left hand when I was 12?  Yep, I have been in this position before, yonks ago... and now I'm back in it again over 25 years later.  Oh well, I guess things happen for a reason... I think this has happened to tell me to slow down; and slow down I'll have to do.  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember I'm always here... and have a good'n'spooky Halloween - all 3 days of it - as tonight is the first day of the 3-day celebration of the dead.  Tomorrow is All Saint's Day and 2nd, November is The Day of the Dead - where people who celebrate this time of year dress in black and celebrate the 3-day festival to its fullest.  It's also the best time of year to talk to anyone who's passed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment