Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A Time To Clean the House

Seeing I copped a really bad bout of sinus, I thought it was high time to get my butt into cleaning the house... seriously cleaning the house.

And I'm also having some friends over for a gathering on Saturday for lunch.... another good reason to do this too.

So, I started downstairs.  I got two big loads of laundry done and dried and put away.  The living room got a big clean out done, vacuumed, dusted and now it looks great!  Then, the kitchen floor was washed, so was the laundry floor and the toilet cleaned as well.  

This took two days to do because there was so many fiddly things to get done in between.

Then, today, I spend only two hours on the upstairs rooms of the master bedroom, study and the bathroom.  However, the bathroom took up about an hour of the time to get cleaned.  I scrubbed that place until it shone... and yet nobody will see it on Saturday.  I know, I know... silly, but Mum advised me that my friends will wander upstairs.  I don't think they will.

Well, once upstairs was vacuumed and dusted, the shoes were put away and I put the wash basket downstairs, I looked around and found there were only small things to get done - you know, last minute stuff - to do.  This will all be done on either Friday night or early Saturday morning.

Otherwise, I'm hoping to get the lawn mowed again on Friday afternoon, the car moved on Saturday morning and the kitchen completely cleaned up by that day too.  This place will look good and working well enough to have friends over.  
I still have a few things to do beforehand.  I have a salad to make and two dips to make too... otherwise, I have coffee (plunger and instant) and napkins, tea, corn chips and snack biscuits in the pantry waiting to be used.  

Tomorrow is Mum's birthday, I'm going out to see her, then we're all meeting up to have dinner out later on.  It'll be wonderful.  Saturday is my folks' 45th Wedding Anniversary, and I'm hoping to work it into my birthday celebrations too... but I want it to be a surprise.  It's not quite working out that way... I don't want to wreck the surprise and yet I wish them to enjoy the day.  Well, until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

2 comments:

  1. A happy birthday to your mum! I hope she had an enjoyable day with the family yesterday.
    Also congrats to your parents for a happy 45th WA! I had a couple of aunts who made it to their 50th WA but sadly they lost their better half afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good to see my folks enjoying their Wedding Anniversary this weekend. Last night, while we toasted Mum's birthday, I stood up and said that it was my folk's 45th Wedding Anniversary on Saturday... and everyone at the table oooh and aaahh, raising their glasses again!

      It was wonderful.

      And we took Mum out to Sultan's Turkish Restaurant at Sandgate... a great place to eat. :D

      Delete