Friday, May 30, 2014

Yay! It's Friday!

I do love Fridays.... this means a good weekend of fun is to be had by me and others around me.

But yesterday, I got a lot done; and I'm pleased with myself.  The filing was done - well, there's on more bag of it to look through - and then, I got the car washed, the piano polished and the top of it cleaned up (so there's only things on it that look good on it).  Then, I put away all my dvds, cds and packed up all my books and put them into a bag and brought them into the office to put away.

Well, that was yesterday done... as polishing the piano took over an hour to do; she looks just gorgeous!

Today, I paid my phone bill, called my folks and said hi (as they're on holidays) and then was out and about in The Green Machine for a few hours.  I had to get to their place to pick up some veggies from their fridge.  I grabbed the pumpkin and made plans for a couple of cakes with that.  The rest of the veggies were left for Aunty Helen to pick up.  
Then, I picked up the mail on the way to Super A-Mart Furniture Store to look at a hall table I've been eying off... I'll be saving up the money to get it.  But I have only a metre to use in my house.  So, I'll have to look around more at places to see what else will be around; what other furniture there might be available.  I still have to shop around at other stores to find the right kind of deal for what I want.  This has been going on for almost a year now, and I still haven't found the right hall table for my house.  How frustrating can you get?  But then, I've always been told that patience is a virtue. 

I arrived home and got stuck right into making two cakes for the next few days.  One is for tomorrow's writer's gathering at the Loganholme Library and the other is for the Queen Bees Craft Group... but the first one didn't quite work out the way I had hoped, so I'll be taking the other one to both; halving it for the occassions.  That's just the thing about making things from scratch, sometimes, they don't work out, while other times they do.

Tonight, I'll be getting myself an early night, so I can get to my destination tomorrow on time.  Then, I'll be off to Garden City to look at hall tables and then, on the way home, I'll look in on Fantastic Furniture to see what kind of hall tables they have there.  I really do want to get this thing before Winter settles in here.  And I want to get my photos for the corner and staircase going too, so my house feels and looks like a home.  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment