Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Toss Out and Cleaning Up Makes More Space!

I've inherited a Terrarium.  Okay, for those who don't know what that is:  it's an enclosed glass  garden which you have inside your home.  It can be put under any glass surface - like a wine bottle, a plate or even a light bulb - and it can be inside plastic soda bottles too... so long you have the correct plants.  The one I have is a large, round glass one which is around 50 years old and it has a cork in the top - which has to be replaced.  So, I'm working on my place to have the terrarium in my living room so it works well with my home.  

First, though, there's some cleaning up I have to do, the cork to get replaced, the plants to buy and the preparations to get for the planting of the garden within the terrarium so it doesn't die on me.

This means, I'm cleaning out my downstairs living room and dining area... and as you all know, this is a great thing!

So far, I've sorted through the old large fruit bowl on my dining room table, washed it up, and put it in with the charity items.  Then I put in all the stuff for the fish care items too... I just don't need them anymore.  And then, I put that bag in the boot of the car, ready to take them away to a charity store.  Then, I sorted through some more stuff that was just sitting around the place, and I have put them into a bag and out into the boot of the car.  

During this afternoon, I organised myself a First Aide Kit for the bathroom, sorted out the cupboards under the sink and made sure everything fitted.  While I was doing that, I found out I have more shampoo than I know what to do with!  So!  I won't be buying anymore shampoo or conditioner for about 2 months!  I'll be using the stuff I have under the sink instead until it's all used up - that goes the same for all my cleaning products!  Woah!  Do I have some cleaning stuff for that room or what?

Anyway, I also went into my bedroom and removed one of the pillows.  It's just not comfortable anymore... so I threw it away and replaced it with another one I've had in the cupboard for the last 6 months.  Hopefully, it'll be comfy enough for my head now.

I have attempted the washing up - and kept on failing... oh well... I'll keep on trying with it.  Then, I got all the laundry done!  Yay!  At least there was one thing I got finished.  I crossed the few things I had on my list on my iPod and looked around... then packed the car with a bag of books I have to take to Browns Plains to The Really Good Book Shop to hand in.  I'll be doing that sometime this week on my way to doing a donation run to The Endeavour Foundation.  In around 3 weeks, or so, my terrarium will be fixed up and living; and my house will be mostly cleaned out too... 

... and you know, all it took was me bringing home an indoor garden tank to get me going!

Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment