Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Big Shopping Day

Today, I was out all day... and I mean, all day.

But first, I put on two loads of washing and hung it out.  It was going to be a nice hot day, and I thought it would be a good to wash the sheets and get them dry by the time I arrived home... which would be, um, around lunch time or so... maybe later.

Well, anyway, I took off around 9:30am and went to the Spice Mart to pick up a new bowl and found a nice flat pan to replace my other pancake pan... it was much cheaper than the ones I've been pricing around at other stores - and for $16, it's not a bad deal.  However, I felt kinda ripped off when the sticker wouldn't come off the non-stick coating - weird, right?

Anyway, I went to Overflow and picked up some zip-up things for my cds in the car.  this was to keep them safe and stop them from falling out of the glove compartment.  I bought two, and they were dirt cheap. 
Then, I was in grocery shopping mode after that... and after I went to Life Line too.  I took my time and did all the shopping at Coles and chemist I needed to do, drove home and unpacked.  It was around 1pm when I arrived home and I called my folks to let them know I was hoping to get around to their place soon... however they weren't home.  

Bummer!

Oh well, I called Mum on her mobile and let her know I was going to be at their place soon... well, within the hour and she said they weren't far from home.  Well, I took my time and was out the door before 2pm and found Dad had all the stuff I needed to finish up the peg box out the back all ready for me to use; as they were both going out for an hour or so.

So, while I was there, I filled all the gaps on the box, waited for the gap-filler to dry, sanded it back then, started painting.  By the time I was halfway through it, Dad came home and I had finished as muc has I could... as the bottom was still not done.  This means I'll have to go back tomorrow or Friday to complete it and pick it up on Saturday morning on my way through to my volunteer work.  It ought to be ready to use by then.  Or even on Friday... when I'm helping Mum with stuff at their place, I'm not sure when.

Otherwise tomorrow morning, I'm hoping to get a few things done around my place before leaving the house.  I need to get in and wash up, wash the floors, clean the bathroom and put some clothes away... yeah, it's time to tidy up and prepare myself for when I need to take a rest from the markets... and I'm hoping to work on cleaning out my place again.  There's things I'm hoping to give away to a charity I'm no longer using now I'm back into working on different things around the place again.

Well, that's all for this mid-week post... hope you're having a good week so far.  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment