Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Autumn Days Have Arrived

I woke this morning to my alarm and looked outside at the dawning day to find that I didn't want to get out of bed.  Nope... it was still dark, so I snuggled under the covers more and went back to sleep.

The 7am alarm went off and I really didn't want to get up... but tried, and failed... until half and hour later, I didn't have a choice.  I rolled out of bed and looked outside at what was going to be a lovely, hot sunny day. 

This meant I could do all my laundry.  Yay!

So, I grabbed the sheets off the bed, all the towels and laundry sitting around and put on the first load of sheets and made myself breakfast as I organised what I was going to do today... which was supposed to be housework.

Instead, I've been stuffing around on here on the net.  Oh yay... the promises we break on ourselves, eh?

Well, I got all 3 loads of laundry out and potted up a small half-pot and hung it onto a post in my garden, and then made myself a drink and jumped online.  Facebook wasn't working, so I ignored it for about an hour and found that it was slow... it does that sometimes, but I really wanted to see how my Crafty Pegs page was going.

Then, I Googled A-Mart All Sports at Underwood and sussed out a set of hand weights there... and found a sweet set of hand weights for $50!  They come in their own hard case and look good.  I'll swing by there tomorrow and look at them.  However if they're not good enough, I'll look at others that are more my speed.  
I've also gotta go out and do some banking and buy a plant for the halfpot I have for my yard.  Now it's stopped raining long enough, I'll be able to work on the garden more - and also it's coming into Winter, I'll be able to repot my plants again.  So, I'll be looking for pots for some plants I have to separate and get more potting mix to backfill other plants to make them look and feel fresher.

Otherwise, the garden is really looking good right now.  The lawn hasn't looked better since I began feeding it with budgie seed and lawn food.  However I'm looking forward at saving up for some park benches to give my backyard a nice homey feel to it... and I'll be able to work more on getting more plants hanging off the fences in pots as well as plaques.  This is all long-term projects, of course.

Anyway, that's about all there is for this month to do.  Dad and I have to keep looking for a car.  We've decided to not go back to the auction yards as they seem to recycle the cars that have been sold because the owners aren't happy with the prices the cars are being sold at.  But he doesn't remember us agreeing on this.  Anyway, it looks like we'll be working on looking at other car yards further afield.  

The Creative Markets went off well.  I had a good time there, despite the weather being humid, dull and wet.  And the public weren't put off by that either, showing up in droves.  I made a lot of my money within the last 2 hours of the markets - as usual - and have been given a cool nickname: The Peg Lady.  I love it as it's so cute.  Well, until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment