Wednesday, January 15, 2014

New Priorities

This year, I've got myself into the organising mindset.  Yep, it started with the new boxes for the Christmas Decorations, then I organised how the extra books were arranged in my office, now, it's time I looked into getting a hall table.

Now, the first time, initially, backfired big time... but I've learned about that and I'm going to get my butt into gear and find a new one that doesn't look like it's going to fall down when I sneeze near it.

I went shopping today - grocery shopping - and I had to buy a few things that weren't normally on my shopping list. 
So, I gave Life Line a quick look, but that's all I did... just look.  I didn't buy anything.  Then, I went to the fabric shop down the way and bought 3 metres of Calico for my stall for $4.95 a metre... which was pretty good.  What I'm going to do is hem it, iron it and make it a cloth for the table and then put the nice fabrics I bought years ago for a summer skirt (which I didn't buy enough of at the time) and drap those pieces over the top to give the stall a little bit of character and colour.

After going to the fabric store, I didn't go to Woolworths - as I already have chocolate.  I went to the car and drove to Super A-Mart and looked at their hall tables.  Now, I did go online first but it said they didn't have any instore... what rot!  They did!  And there were 4 different styles, heights and widths.  But I loved the most basic, two-drawer one they showed me first which was $209... but I had to order it in.  This is something I don't mind doing as I'm going to look at my money and how I spend it over the next few months; and over the next year.

You see, my priorities have change since last September when my hobby business - Crafty Pegs - started up.  I'm working harder at creating pieces for the Creative Markets next month (which are on 23rd, February for those who aren't on Facebook) and I'm hoping to have more than enough stock to sell by then.  
Also, I'm trying see if I can get a second-hand desk for my craft area so I can put away all my gear over the next year.  I want to be able to put away all my sandpaper, pegs, tubs of paint, notebooks and other things as well, so when I go to bed each night, the desk I work on is clear and clean of everything except of the items drying overnight and the things I have to work on the next day.  It makes sense when you think about it.

Anyway, that's how it's hopefully going to work for me this year for Crafty Pegs.  But it will take time, and time is something I have plenty of.

I'm also working on organising myself and my house so it's tidier than it was last year.  I want everything to have a place and a place for everything... and this isn't an impossible thing, but it's time-consuming.  And so far, I'm going well at it; as I've slotted into my life bit by bit.  I've made sure my life has become a little more organised as each day and week passes by... and I'm proud of myself as this is something I've wanted for so long.

Anyway, how has your week been going?  All good I hope.  Busy like mine?  Or more relaxed?  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment