Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Let's Get Organised!

Yes!  I'm back at it again with my house!  But I'm taking on a different take with it!  Now, I've cleaned it within an inch of its life, I'm now on an organising binge... I'm working on organising things so I can find them, throwing out old things I no longer need and replacing them with nice things that serve a better purpose.

I started with the Christmas Decorations and how they're stored.  Now, first off, last year, I put them away in a large plastic storage container and put them away in the wardrobe.  This sounds great, right?  Then came the day when I wanted to put them all away and so I went out to Sam's Warehouse and bought two more plastic, clear boxes of different sizes and put soft decorations in one and tiny decorations in the other.  This worked out so well; and chopped my de-decorating of the tree in half... I also threw out 4 cardboard boxes!  Yay for me!

Today, I wanted to put away the tree, lights and the Christmas Wreath in a huge box.  I found one mammoth box at Dollars and Sense at Logan Central Plaza for $17.99!  What a steal!  But only the top of the tree fitted... never mind!  I put the bottom of the tree in the original box (giving it plenty of room to move in it) and then I organised the lights on their spindle, put their power board in there too, and the Wreath and its hanger and - there ya go! - done!  Now, all five boxes are put away neatly in the wardrobe... nice and neat.

I'm hoping to get rid of the set of drawers in the hall and put a nice hall table in its place... something with plenty of space on it and a long drawer in the front for some of the things inside the drawers.  I'll be putting most of the things from there into the other bedside table in my bedroom.  But I want to put more photos on a the hall table and on the wall there too... so it creates a little nook of a family album for all to see.

Yes, this year is the year for me to get organised.  Last year, in the last half of the year, I pulled my gardens together, worked on Crafty Pegs and gave a few things away... this year, it's time to get my butt into gear and get organised!  What about you?  What are you doing to motivate yourself into doing what you must?  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment