Tuesday, January 21, 2014

It's Hot! Hot! Hot!

After the huge heatwave that's been cooking our nation and destroying our sports across our coasts, it's finally reached our east coast.  Today, it's going to reach around 36 degrees Celsius (that's around 90 or so for those of you in the Northern Hemisphere).

So, today, I vowed to myself to stay home and get some serious work done inside my home, where it's nice and cool.  This means, I'll be organising, sorting through and arranging things and making sure I throw out what I no longer need today... yes, today is going to be a big day of work.

So far, I've gotten three loads of laundry done, the washing up is finished, I cleaned the counter and I put away the work I did yesterday afternoon and last night for Crafty Pegs (so my table is ready for more work today.  I also fertilised the garden with slow-release fertiliser and watered it in and now, I'm hoping to get in and look around for a hall table in a few weeks' time.  I want to save up for it and see if there's a good one around at garage sales or if I could order a new one in a furniture store around the ridges.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there right now.  It's another piece of furniture I want/need for the house and for Crafty Pegs and for my house to feel and look like a home as I clean it up, make it look better and I get some photos all fixed up and ready to be hung.  And yes, it's part of the Peter Walsh organising thing he's got going on Facebook this year; which I'm sticking to.

It's only Tuesday, and I'm hoping to get in and work more on my promise to have my house organised by the end of the year.  It's looking promising, as I'm working on it each week and it's been looking good little by little.  
So, what have you been up to lately?  Seeing it's been very hot, do you get up to much?  Or are you kicking back and drinking a lot of water and cool drinks?  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment