Saturday, January 4, 2014

It's A Heatwave!

Yep, here in Brisbane - and in fact the whole of Queensland - it's a heatwave! Today, it's supposed to reach over 40 degrees Celcius here in Brisbane alone... while out west in Roma, Chinchilla, St George and other country towns, it's supposed to reach over 45 degrees Celcius!  We're breaking records that have been set way back in the 1940's this year!

And so, today, I was up nice and early at 6am to get the laundry done, swept out the car port and then, put the wiping up away and opened up all the windows of my house... then?  Then, I found it was 30 degrees and only 8am.

Crap!

So, I made my drink, turned on the air-conditioner in my study and have been hybernating in here since.  But I'm still sweating badly even though it's the coolest room in the house.

Wow... eh?

This afternoon, I'm hoping to get my butt downstairs to work on the some pegs when it does cool off a little - well let's hope it does.

So, what are you getting in to do over this stinking hot day here in Brisbane?  And if you're not in this uncomfortable stickiness, and is caught out in a snow storm or ice storm, what are you doing with yourself elsewhere in the world?  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and remember, I'm always here. 

And here's some of 'Heatwave' by Martha and the Vandellas to get your toe tapping.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment