Thursday, January 2, 2014

A New Year!

Happy New Year!

Yep, it's been a good few days for me.  My New Year's Eve Party was great... at the Brunswick Heads Bowls Club where we all ate a great meal, and the band was 'Neily Diamond'... yeah, a tribute to Neil Diamond, which wasn't great, but when the guy got out of the sparkly shirts, and into another set of outfits, his singing wasn't too bad when he did other cover songs.

I danced the night away... so did half the place!  Any of the kids there went to sleep on the chairs in the dining area and we all called in the New Year on a John Lennon song... not a bad way to call it in, is it?

The next day was very quiet, as most of the day was a siesta for most people... 

Yesterday, I tried to get a place on the bus to get home.  But on the Premier Buses site, it said there were no seats available.  Bummer!  So, today, we're going to call them and see what's happening with them for tomorrow... or even Monday (or if there's a seat on the weekend sometime, that'd be even better).

Anyway, I'm off to the Tweed Rivers Art Gallery to see if we can look in on the Margaret Otto House which is being built there.  If it's not finished, that's okay, but it'd be great to see it half-finished, and some of her worked there.  

Over the last few days, I've been learning how to work my new tablet that I got off Mum when she bought a Samsung tablet for herself.  She gave me her old one.  There's so many games, jig-saw puzzles and other great little things on it... and I downloaded an app for writing which I've been using too.  However, the battery is so easy to drain, it's not funny... so I'm plugging it in every night to recharge.

The weather has been nice, hot and sunny.  We did get a huge electrical storm the other day, which grumbled on throughout the night, and brought us a nice coolish, overcast day the next day... which was promptly followed by a hot, sunny one.
Unfortunately, unknown to a few of us, Brisbane was thrown a few really stinking hot days while we got the nice cool days.  Not something I wanted to know, seeing I'm heading off up there over the next few days to head home.

So, how did you go on New Year's Eve?  Did you go out and paint the town red?  Or was it a quiet affair for you and your family?  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment