Friday, December 6, 2013

Friday, Friday

Today is a lot milder than it was yesterday - which was a real stinker!  It rained and we had a storm which left us with a more stinker of a night than we expected.  
This morning, I woke to a lovely mild day and so I put on a large load of towels and sorted out what I was going to do this morning.  I had to check the mail, head over to Mum and Dad's place and then return home.  I did that and found a parcel had arrived from Brunswick Heads for me... it was the top section of a set of togs I was hunting around for at Rockmans which they didn't have here in Brisbane, but they had in Byron Bay, and Mum had to post to me.  What a huge problem that was!  I finally go and get a new swimsuit for the first time in 8 years and I find that I have to get one part sent to me via the mail... how frustrating.

Oh well, it arrived just in time for the weekend where I'll be driving to a friends' place where they have a saltwater pool at their unit complex.  Very nice.  So, I've gone and washed it and it'll be ready to wear by tomorrow.

Otherwise, I've got to get in and reorganise my Christmas Ornaments into the plastic box that all the books are in currently so I don't have to carry them around in cardboard boxes.  In the New Year, I'll get in and work at getting a few more plastic boxes just like them for my Halloween stuff and my wardrobes will look a far sight neater than they do now... and when the time does finally come for me to move, it'll be a lot easier for me move out because it'll all be so organised.
Then, I have to vacuum and dust around the place, clean the bathroom and toilets and washed up and then wash the floors, sweep out the car port and wash the car.  Phew!  So much to do and only the weekend to do it... well, okay half the weekend; as Saturday is filled with outings.

Yesterday was busy as hell too.  I was out and about for most of the day.  First off, I was off to Bunnings to check out the tressel tables they had advertised on television for $39... but they were far too big for what I had in mind.  So, I asked around there and one of the workers told me to look in the next aisle and I found a tiny tressel table for only $28!  What a bargain!  So, I grabbed one of those for the next market next year and then remembered I saw something cool on Better Homes and Gardens I wanted to buy from Bunnings and it only cost $40... so I went in search of it, but needed help with getting it.  Once I found it - well, okay it was a set of metal punch stamps - I knew I'd get a lot of use out of them.  I'm planning on finding old spoons at second-hand stores, flattening them out, then labeling my plants with them... and then writing verse on pieces of metal and propping them up around the garden as monuments to the plants and nature... it's just an idea.  I'm also thinking of getting in and doing a price list on my Crafty Pegs on a big metal sheet to show at the next markets; see if it works out first.
But instead of using the set of metal punch stamps straight off, I thought to give them to myself for Christmas... so I wrapped them up and put them under the tree.

Anyway, that's what's been going on here.  A lot and not much otherwise... I am looking forward to seeing the family over Christmas, as well as friends too.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm/cool and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment