Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Time Off To Rest Up

In truth I'm tired as hell.  I've been going and going every day - even weekends - and it's all caught up with me.  Yep, today, and for the rest of this week, I'm going to take it easy and do some work around the house where it doesn't cost me money.  

But this morning, I went over to Mum and Dad's place to check on their house; and it was okay.  Road works are going on there, so I parked the car in the car park behind the house and walked there after looking around the shops for a bit.
Then, I drove to Spotlight to find a bit of fabric for the office.  I have new neighbours who have a baby and my office light shines right into their bedroom at night.  So, I bought a metre of fabric and pinned it to the curtain rod so it won't - or at the very least it'll cut the glare of it.  During the day, I've tied it with a curtain tie from my bedroom I don't use.

I arrived home and made my drink and looked around the place.  I'm thankful I did some washing up this morning, but I really need to get in and do some serious housework around here as the interior of the house has been neglected because I have been working on the exterior of it for the last few weeks.

I've looked at the photo album on my Facebook page of my back garden and have seen how far my little patch of dirt has come in a year and a half... and it's a long way!  I'm amazed I have spent so much time in my backyard and yet, feel as though nothing has happened to it - not until I look at the photos.
But this year, I'll spend enough money and time in it that it will change more than it ever has over that time; and in a shorter length of time too.  So, just watch this space, and I'll upload the progress of my garden from beginning to end.  I can't wait until it's finished - and even then, it won't be completed, I'll still be adding on little bits to it to keep it feeling and looking like I want it to.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment