Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Searching...

For the rest of this week, I'm going to be at home nice and quietly catching up with a few things that have been neglected.  

There's the housework, the vacuuming, the cleaning up and washing of the floors to get done.  I have a book to write - now the hard drive of my computer has been replaced yet again.  This is the 3rd hard drive my computer has been installed with.  The HP tech has never seen anything like this before.  I asked him what size it was, and he said it was 1GIG and yet my old external hard drive is only half-used.  So, I think I might need a bigger drive in the near future seeing the computer isn't handling what I do with it; and it's a brand new computer.  So, that's something to look forward to in the next few months.

Anyway, today, I went out for an hour or so to go window shopping for some second-hand furniture for my art area.  Yeah, I know that might have been a little out of place for me, but I thought this morning over breakfast that it might be the cheapest way to go; and the best, seeing some old furniture would work out better size-wise than newer storage units.  But I was mistaken.  A proper second-hand furniture store was far too expensive and I went to Vinnies and they didn't have anything I was looking for.  So, it looks like I'll be looking at IKEA furnture solutions in the next month or so.
Otherwise, next pay, I'll be off to the cheap stores - such as 'The Reject Store' and 'Sam's Warehouse' to pick up some planter pots and statues to put into my back yard... otherwise the potting mix will be coming from my local Bunnings, along with lawn seed!  Yep, in the next pay packet, I'll be very busy indeed working hard on my garden, making it look and feel like it should.  I'm looking forward to pulling it all together over the next month or so.  But then, I'm also looking forward to pulling together my house too; which will take a little more time than I expected.  

I have been totally enjoying myself over the last few months.  With the use of a car, I've been able to get places I normally couldn't and I've been saving money and spending it on things I normally wouldn't be able to.  This has been a wonderful experience, and I've watched my house transform from a dull, empty art canvas, into a beautiful place where I love to be.  I hope I can keep doing this kind of thing after my folks return from overseas and keep up my gardening and working on my house as much as I need to.  Until my next post, take care keep safe and warm, and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment