Friday, August 23, 2013

First Date In A Long Time

Today, I went out on a date.  It was the first one in a very long time where the guy didn't hesitate and have second thoughts about seeing me again.

I met a new person in my unit complex last week, Paul, who moved in with one of my friends, Ian, up the back of the unit complex. The other day, Paul asked me out on a date, and I said okay... because I found he and I got along well, and Ian told me that he wasn't a bad person.  

So, today, I got up early, put on the laundry, washed up a little, varnished some pegs and got ready to go out.  Paul showed up while I was varnishing the pegs.  He liked watching the process of how I varnished them; but I said that it was the first time I had used a small clothes horse I had nabbed from the back junk area of the unit complex and I wanted to see how it went... and it was working out quite well; a few teething problems in the positions of the pegs, but nothing too major.  He thought they looked great.  Within about 20 minutes I was ready to leave as I had the last of the laundry hung out, put on my make-up, packed my bag and closed up my house.  The pegs had dried too with the breeze that was around.

We headed off to the Kingston Butter Factory and we looked around the arts & craft shop upstairs.  It was a nice little place, and I was going to take some of my pegs, but forgot them... oh well, next time.  Anyway, after that we walked around the Butterbox Museum and were on our way.  We dropped off to the Logan Art Gallery and looked in on the Lloyd Rees exhibition... and what an exhibition!  I loved it; seeing I had been at the last one that was there.  And I'm also working tomorrow at the gallery; but it's going to be busy with a workshop and filled with people.  
After that, Paul and I walked down to Limelight Cafe where we had something to eat.  I was hungry and needed a pick-me-up but he really wanted to get to the Buddhist Temple on Underwood Road.  I haven't been there in a long time, and it was time to get back there.

Once there, we walked in, made a donation and through the grounds.  Paul had seen the place from a distance, but he hadn't been close up.  He was so amazed at how beautiful it was.  I lit an incense and meditated for I'm not sure how long and then we were on our way.  It was so wonderful to be there and able to focus on our meditation in such a beautiful place.

We drove home after that and he asked if he could see me again.  I said next week would be busy for me; but I would still need help with my garden next Thursday or Friday and we could go out and buy some things for it.  He has offered to help do the heavy lifting for me while I'm still a bit stiff with my arm - which is getting better, but still needs a little bit of rest.  Well, until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment