Saturday, August 3, 2013

Backyard Planning

Just hours after my new front yard makeover was completed, and the sun had gone down, I was on the phone to my brother, Gabe, telling him how good it felt to have a lovely front garden which looks great when I come home - it'll look great when I decide to move too - I started planning what I'll be doing with my backyard.

Yep, no rest for the wicked!  

For those who know me, once I get something into my head, and I want to get it done, I don't stop until it's done, finished, completed... and nothing stands in my way.  In my case, it's transportation.  And since Mum and Dad are away on holidays, I've scored the loan of Mum's set of wheels for four months to keep it on the road.  So, why not use it for this?  

Okay, so last night, I was chatting to my brother about the success of my front garden and how good it felt to have it completed... and he asked what I was going to do next.  Next?  My backyard... it's in great need of a makeover.  So, he asked me what I had in the blueprint stage and I happen to tell him that I wanted some pavers to put under all my pots lining the back fence as my back neighbour has Wandering Dew in her yard and I never knew when it's in my yard.  So, I thought to put the pavers against the fence so I'd know when this weed was coming through.  He thought this was a great idea; and said he'd pick up some pavers from a mate of his who's giving him pavers - lots of pavers - for a project he's working on at his place.
So today, I was at Mum and Dad's place picking up the pavers for next week's start on my project.  I'll begin saving up money for new pots for my Frangipanni and Jatropha plant too - seeing they're both dormant right now - and I'll repot them into bigger pots first.  Otherwise, for the next week or so, I'll be putting myself first, taking it easy, getting early nights, reading more and cooking some good dinners - like my famous Pumpkin, Walnut and Spinach Cannelloni - to freeze for when I start work on my garden out the back... not a bad plan when you think of it.

Otherwise, this weekend is going to be just for me to do nothing but catch up with housework.  So far, I've washed up and put out the rubbish.  I have yet to wash the floors, dust and vacuum and clean the bathroom, but those chores will come.  I have filled the Pajero with enough fuel to see me through the next few weeks - I hope - and I'm hoping to put more fuel into it soon to keep it as full as possible.  What exciting things have you been up to?  Have you been doing anything like I have - making over your gardens and cleaning out your house - or is it same old-same old?  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment