Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Busy Week Ahead

This week is going to be one where I'm not going to have much time to myself.  But that's okay.  I like keeping busy, it's the way I work.  

Today I have a fair bit to do around the house.  There's the shopping list for this week to organise, the washing up to get done, vacuuming downstairs to do, the bed to make and other things to fix up around the house.  I'd also like to read a bit more of 'The Wastelands' by Stephen King and get myself through it more so I can finish it soon.  Now, it's book three of the series and for me to read this many books of a series in a year is pretty good; seeing I'm an average reader.  I haven't read that many books this year, but then again, I'm also writing a book and editing my work, so that's why there's been a slow-down on my book-reading lately.  I do hate not being able to fully focus on reading books; but the payoff is writing my books and that's wonderful.

This week, I think I have to go to the chiropractors, but I'll also be off to 'Sam's Warehouse' to look at statues and planter pots for my garden.  If I find something worthwhile for the backyard while I'm out, I'll just buy it before payday.  
Then, there's shopping day on Wednesday, and then by Friday, I've gotta get in and buy some lawn seed and more potting mix and get in and plant into the pots from the cheap stores the Happy Plants I got from Park Ridge... I can't wait.  My garden will transform over the next few weeks into something I want.  And the best thing is that I'll be able to work more on it soon.

Yesterday, I was at the Logan Art Gallery where we had a workshop going on in the afternoon.  So, I took took along Mum's laptop and worked on a couple of chapter of 'Fry Nelson: book 4' so I could get through a few chapters while they were in my head and I knew what I wanted to get done; while I was in the zone.  And I got through 1 1/2 chapters!  Very cool.  I can't wait until I finish the trilogy (book 4 is just a working title, but the whole thing is a trilogy as I've added books one and two together) and get it edited and proof-read.  This will take time though, and getting it published is going to take longer than people think.

So, that's it... my weekend and my week.  Busy, but fun.  How is your week looking?  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment