Wednesday, July 3, 2013

First Grocery Shop Since My Op

Today I'm exhausted and sore - but not too bad.  I went for my first grocery shop since my operation two weeks ago and I'm glad it's over - both the shopping and all the slow walking around.  Yep, I wasn't quite up to speed today as I'm usually a brisk walker and get things done fast... however, today, I felt like and looked like I wasn't in much of a hurry.  This made me a target for the charity people to say hi to me, and I had to tell them I could stop and I had to get my shopping done... then I slowly walked away.  They didn't believe me, but then, they're not me.

I had a good morning making sure I didn't do too much, except just walk at half the speed I usually do and feel as though I was on slow-motion the whole time.  But I did get all my shopping done; and I bought a new case for my iPod.  It's cute and I found that it won't slip out as it clips in and is a nice red colour too.
Even though I took my time and did everything right, I still forgot a few things too.  And the strange thing was that I had to hunt around for one of those shallow trolleys to use so I wasn't bending down into it too much; and hurting myself.  Anyway, I got through the self-service area and was out at the cab rank by around midday and hadn't overspent.  I did get a few small luxuries, but not many.

I bought myself some white paint and some charcoal from 'Dollars & Sense' and I also bought a box of Fortunate Cookies too (something I love to indulge in sometimes) and then I made sure I had money to get home - which I did - and called for a cab and came home.  It took me around half and hour to unpack everything, make myself a drink and get onto here... boy!  Am I tired!  And I'm thankful that it's the last week of the Winter school holidays too.  Well, until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment