Thursday, July 18, 2013

Busy Morning Out

Today, I wanted to do just the fruit and veggie shopping and that was it.  However, I got up to a lot more than that.
It began to rain as I drove out onto the busy road, and so I thought to get myself to Bunnings up near the Underwood Marketplace to find some potting mix and bits to fix up my kitchen.  I've been meaning to get into the yard, and so I grabbed 3 bags of the potting mix for $6.95 each and some things to make a new hanger for my large utensils for the kitchen.  You see, I'd seen one at Gabe and Kat's place above their stove and wanted something like it in mine; and instead of forking out an arm and a leg, I thought to invent my own from a towel rack and hooks.  And doesn't it look great?  I love it!

My morning wasn't done yet as I drove out into the rain again and made my way to The Big Apple to pick up some things I needed for this weekend.  I didn't spend much money there, but it was good I did; as I'm planning on making a cannelloni and a cake for Monday's craft day for the ladies (the last one I made, they all loved!).

Well, by the time I arrived home, it was past 11am and I was hanging out to get my work done in the kitchen.  But after the rain, I didn't think it was a good idea to work in the garden yet as everything is wet.  So, the potting mix will have to wait.  At least I got that part of the gardening plan.  The next part will be getting new pots and a few new plants - which I priced around at while I was at Bunnings.  I will definitely have to save more money than I originally planned, or buy smaller-sized plants of the ones I want and put them into the large pots they'll be growing into.  Oh well, one step at a time.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm (or cool) and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment