Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Burn Out

It's Tuesday and I'm kicking back doing nothing.  Yep, zero... and I know why I'm doing it.  It's been a couple of weeks since I got back behind the wheel of a car and I'm exhausted!  Driving really does take it out of you.  
I drove on Saturday and Sunday, but I didn't rush anywhere, I made sure I was happy and not hurrying to get from point A to point B... and not stressed out.  But I still managed to burn out.  I told my brother, Gabe, and he said to take it easy and that I'd get back into the groove of it all soon.

So, today, it's a nothing day.  A day to do only what's needed and that's it.  I'll probably get in and make the bed, put out the rubbish bin and do some reading and put away the video tapes that are cluttering up the lounge room area in the entertainment unit.  Otherwise, I don't have any other plans today.  I don't want any other plans.
I have had a very busy week last week.  As you have probably read, I've spent time cleaning out two rooms in my house; and they aren't temporary clean outs, these are permanent ones.  The cleaning out I've performed it to make my house tidy in the way that's it's supposed to look always.  I don't want to have to do this again at Christmas, or Easter next year, or this time next again... ever!  I'm making sure of it.  So, I've taken my time and cleaned out slowly, taking hours and days instead of an afternoon or two.  I even bought a plastic box on wheels to store books that are on my Available List for Bookcrossing so it doesn't look untidy and is organised.  It looks good and I'm very happy with how this room looks so far... but it still has two bags of paper I need to go through, which I will do in due time.  But not today.

I do want to get in and do more with my house, but I need a rechargeable drill; something I've wanted badly, but I haven't bought because Dad has said he'd get me one but doesn't.  So, I'll buy myself one this year and use it.  There's things I want to fix around here - small things - that will make this place work better; especially in the kitchen, where I have to throw out some old cracked plates.  

But I've been trying to rush things; that's my problem.  I'm excited about having the car at my disposal and I'm ahead of myself... sounds silly I know, but I really should take it easy with driving and ease into it.  Yes, I loved driving when I was young and my first car was like an old friend; and I loved driving... and I still love driving... and that's just it, I keep forgetting how much energy it takes - excess energy I don't and haven't had in years - to drive a motor vehicle.  So, I must take it easy and realise that it's going to take time to get accustomed to it again.  This also means I've put myself back onto supplements to help keep my energy levels up where they are supposed to be to feel good enough to drive and live again while I'm driving.  Well, until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm (or cool) and remember, I'm always here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment