Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Not-So-Busy Saturday

This week, I was busy as hell.  I was shopping for groceries, running around looking for things, getting things, buying things, organising things, doing laundry and hanging it out, working on things, putting things away and - by Friday night - I was stuffed, and yawning my way through an episode of 'Supernatural' on dvd at 9pm.  Yeah, I was that tired last night.

Today, I woke up to a sink full to the brim with dirty dishes and more laundry.  So, I got the laundry done and put out and washed up three-quarters of the pots and pans.  One of the pans is still soaking in the sink; otherwise, there isn't much to do until it's all finished.
Yes, today, I don't have that much to do.  On my to-do list on my iPod, I have crossed off all but two things and they won't take long to get done.  I'm thankful I finished most of the things I needed to get done; as it gives me today to kinda sit back and just relax for a day before I get in tonight and finish up what I have to do before tomorrow's trek to Mum and Dad's place for a few days.  

Today, I have half my stuff packed for their house.  I've yet to put out the rubbish bin (that is something I'll do tonight or tomorrow).  Then, I'll get in and clean up a few things, finish up packing my make-up, toothbrush and toothpaste and a few other things and shoes and then I'll be ready; just last time.  I've been traveling to and from their house for the last two weeks while they've been on holidays.  And this time is the last time I have to do this for a while.  I'll be there a little longer than last time, so they have somebody to come home to and I'll be cooking them dinner too.

Anyway, it's just how things are today.  I'm happy to say that I've managed to put away my knitting box, stack all my books properly away here in the office (and yes, Mount Everest To Be Read is getting higher as we speak!) and then, I put away all the childrens' books I collected from my tea chests I opened up the last month and moved a few things around to make the office easier to get around in.  
Then, I've put away my jewellery boxes into bags and cleaned up the duchess' and have those here hidden away.  Now, I have to tidy up the bedroom, take everything off the walls and wiped the dust off the wall and vacuum around everywhere.  This vacuuming will probably be done next week as the tidying up will take a while and be exhausting.  

So, what have you got planned for this weekend?  Much?  A little?  Or just kicking back and enjoying the sun?  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment