Thursday, April 11, 2013

Busyness and Plans

As a lot of you know, I've been doing The Big Tidy-Up for about 2 years now.  It started out as a quick clean up of my townhouse and turned into something much bigger; bigger than I first intended.  Now, I'm coming into the last year of it and I'm pleased to say that things are finally beginning fall into place with my house.

I've been able to find places for things that were taking up more space than I could cater.  I bought a vintage suitcase and have used it for storage; thus freeing up 2 of my drawers in a dresser in my bedroom.  I have put away my two fans from Summer; as they come apart and fold up and I can put them into a wardrobe for cooler months.  And now, I'm looking forward to being able to find things for the living room to keep the place from being too messy... like a coat rack.
Now, I saw one at my brother's house at Brighton and it was fantastic.  I loved how it just sat inside the front door and looked gorgeous.  So, today, I jumped online and found out that Target has them at Springwood for under $50.  I'll be hopefully going over there on Monday and picking one up for my living room so I can hang up my coats and any bag I'm currently using as well as anything I'm using too.  It'll keep my living room tidy and stop me from throwing my coat onto the lounge or the dining room chairs; and force me to put away all my shoes.

I've also begun doing weekly gardening chores too.  This includes weeding my yard; as one of my back neighbours doesn't do anything with her yard and it's disgusting.  I really want my yard to look good and not like it's overgrown with a creeper... so I'll have to get in and care for it weekly - even through Winter.
The house is looking better and better the more I go through things and give away what I don't need, throw out what is rubbish and keep my place clean and tidy.  Yeah, it's got to have that lived-in look, but still I have to be able to have friends over at some point.

Just as well this has arrived at a good time:  just when I've decided to begin dating again.  And I also watch that show called 'Hoarders' on Gem; it really does help me to keep from becoming something like those people.  I do collect things but when I buy something, I make sure I have the space to keep it, so it doesn't get in the way.

Anyway, that's just an update of the Big Tidy-Up... it doesn't sound like much, but the house is actually looking tidier than it has in the last year.  I have learned - and found - that the house has to become messier before it starts to look better.  And so long I can live with the mess for a little while, I know I can get through to worse of tidying up my life and house.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.       

No comments:

Post a Comment