Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston On My Mind

This morning, I woke to the horrible news that the Boston Marathon was rocked by a dreadful bombing near the end of their marathon.  Many were injured and two people were killed.  I was shocked and it's become something that has become an unshakeable nighmare every few years for the world; that an everyday event is interfered with by people who want to destroy and hurt and kill innocent bystanders.

This really pisses me off. 

Excuse my language but it does get to me that none of this happened when I was young but it happens now.  The global community is closer through technology, and yet it's colder and it's become more dangerous to take part in everyday events such as a marathon in your own city.  I hated hearing about the aftermath of the destruction this left in the hearts of the people of Boston - as well as the rest of the world.  My heart and prayers goes out to anyone who lives in Boston and its surrounding areas.  And I really do hope none of my friends who live in the States were there; and if you were, I hope and pray you didn't get hurt. 

But really, it makes you wonder how somebody could go about doing this kind of thing and think they'd get away with it.  Why would anyone want to cause injury to other people they don't know anything about while they take part in a public race through a city... it's absolutely beyond me.  It's just something that really gets me mad that we have people like this in the world, that we have to share this planet with minds and souls such as this, with people who are walking around with this kind of thought patterns going through their minds.  And the only question I have for them is:  Why?
Now, I know there's no answer to my question (and I don't expect anyone to give me the obvious answer to this in the comments section as I know there's plenty of reasons - whether they're right or wrong).  Honestly, though it doesn't mean anyone has the right to go and hurt anyone just because they have the rights to practice their own religions in most countries; it really doesn't.  The fact that people seem to think they can get away with this kind of thing is sickening and saddening to me.  It makes me also feel very helpless because I can't do anything about what's happened.

So, now it's your turn.  How do you feel about this kind of terrorism?  I know it makes you all angry and mad and seething, however, put it into words and let me know what you think the solution should be for the ones responsible for these kinds of actions - no matter who they are or where they're from.  I don't want an answer for the question I posed in the post as it wasn't aimed at you as the reader... it was just me letting off steam.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember I'm always here.

1 comment:

  1. The world has never been the same since 9/11 tragedy in 2001. If it isn't mankind doing the damage, mother nature is topping the list too. We can't locked ourselves into cupboards thinking we will be next on the list to hit crisis. Life is too short! You have to go out there and enjoy what you have, otherwise it will be too late.

    ReplyDelete