Monday, March 11, 2013

Busy Monday Morning

The weather has turned nice and warm around Brighton; and for this, I'm glad as I can get in and do some laundry.  So, this morning, I slept in a little as I couldn't sleep last night.  Bummer... dunno why, I just couldn't.  
By around 8am I was up and had fed the chickens and changed over their water, then made sure they were happy by giving out some pats to a few of them.  They didn't seem to mind.  I programmed the computer in the house to be on Triple M for the day and ate breakfast, washed up everything and wiped down all the counters after I opened up the front blinds and door to let through the lovely breeze.  
It was around 9am by this time and I grabbed all the towels in the bathroom - except the hair towel - and put on a load of towels; then sorted out what needed to be washed from my room, then collected together all the clothes pegs I could find on the deck from the clothes horse (this meant pulling the laundry from last Thursday).

It took me about an hour or so to do all the rest of the laundry.  The sun is out and the wind has picked up nicely; without a single spit of rain coming from it!  How good is that?  What a lovely day for the laundry to be done.

While that was being done, I made sure I had everything on my shopping list on my iPod.  Now, this shopping list app I have is brilliant.  You get it off iTunes for free and it's called shopshop.  You can have up to 4 shopping lists and call them whatever you want.  I have all 4 of them used up, calling them: Garden City, Shopping List, Fruit'n'Veggies and Brighton.  It's a great way to keep my shopping lists separate and working... and yes I have an on-going list too called: List for 2013 which is a list of items I want to get for my house for this year.  Pretty cool, eh?
Well, yeah, I got my shopping list done, the house tidied up and some of the paper read - eventually.  Then, I watched an old classic movie of 'Goodbye Mr Chips' with Pete O'Toole in it - the 1969 remake of the original black and white version; which I like the best.  But O'Toole does a pretty good job anyway.  

For the rest of today, I'll be hopefully getting my laundry dry and keeping an eye on the weather so it does dry in some way.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm/cool and remember, I'm always here.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment