Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Brighton - Day One

It's only been an hour or so since Gabe and Kat took off to the airport on their holiday to New Zealand and I'm already making up a shopping list to get a few things from the shop up the road.  The next door neighbour has been spending that hour mowing his lawn - or destroying it - and the council workers out the front have been pouring concrete to make a footpath.  

We had a gorgeous breakfast this morning of pancakes, tea and coffee.  And Mum and Dad arrived to take them to the airport while I stayed here to wash up and organise myself to care for this place.  I asked Mum to drop in on my place to put my cordless phone on charge as I don't like the battery in it going flat.  Gabe said not to worry about it, but really it's not  good for it; especially seeing it's a new battery and I don't leave it off the charge for more than a day.  I'm looking forward to working on my books here at the house; as it's a lot quieter here than at my place.  And then there's plenty of space to work with my art too... and there's Riley's easel as well I can borrow.  Fortunately, that is a used one and it's got paint on it already, so I don't have to worry about getting paint on it again.  It's a nice old one too, something you don't find in art shops anymore, good old artist's easels that don't fall down.

I do have books here to read to keep up-to-date with and other things I'd like to do as well all in the privacy of the house.  The good thing about here is that there's a bus stop not far from the house and it'll take me straight to the centre of town... well Sandgate Station anyway.  
Today, though, I have to get myself to the corner store and buy some milk, grapes and a hair brush too as I forgot mine.  Otherwise I'll be okay until Sunday, when I buy the paper early in the morning.  Well, until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm/cool and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment