Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Wet Week Ahead

We have a wet week ahead here in Brisbane, but it doesn't mean we all laze about indoors.  Here at my place, I'll be getting into my weekly chores I've begun setting myself to keep my house tidy.
Just last night, I washed up absolutely everything in sight!  And this morning, I put it all away.  While I was, Triple M's breakfast show was on talking about invasions around the house.  They chatted about fruit flies, maggots, Water Dragons and birds which have all thought to show up in our lives in plague proportions in and around our houses.  I'm just thankful I'm not the only one who has been suffering with the fruit fly situation when there's nothing rotting in my fruit bowl.  And one lady called in and suggested getting a glass of water or Apple Cider Vinegar, putting some cling wrap over it and making a little funnel at the centre of it and then, poke a pin hole in the bottom for the fruit flies to get in.  Once they get in, they can't get out; and it works!  So, I set that up next to the fruit bowl and fish tank this morning after breakfast.
After putting away the wiping up, I decided to get in and do the laundry of bath towels and hand washing.  I'm thankful I bought the large clothes horse when I did last year.  It's been a wonderful addition to my house as it takes everything I need to hang out normally on the clothes line; and only a day or two to dry, no matter what the weather is outside.  
Once that was done, I looked outside and thought to give the post office a miss as it was going to be a really windy, wet day and I didn't want to get wet today.  So, I made my drink for the morning and brought it upstairs to the office and turned on the computer.  And I've been on here since around 9am or a bit after.

This week is going to be a less busy one than last week, with only a few days where I'll be out and about - including Saturday where I'll be working at the Gallery.  Anyway, I hope to get in this week and work on a few other things to prepare for next week's craft meeting next Monday.  I need to paint up more pegs and get them varnished - but with the weather the way it is, I doubt they'll dry as they need the sun to dry out properly.  I'll do what I can. 
Otherwise, there'll be housework to get done around here.  I have to get the bags that are destined for the charity store there and start on filling more bags to go there again soon.  So far, I have 4 medium-sized rubbish bags full of things, clothes, items from around the house and bits that I hope to give away to charity stores.  It's just something I like to do.  And this year, I'm hoping to get in and give more than ever.  I'm hoping to finish cleaning out my house completely and make sure I have the house exactly the way I want it before 2013 is out.

Well, that's me for today.  It rained all day yesterday, all night last night and it's still raining - but windy - today.  I do hope it stops soon as I'd like to get some of my pegs varnished and done up to sell soon.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm/cool and remember, I'm always here.       

No comments:

Post a Comment