Saturday, February 2, 2013

Busy Weekend Ahead

Well!  The first month of 2013 has been and gone, and I'm happy to say that it hasn't been boring.  It's been very quiet, but no boring.  
Seeing I woke to a lovely, sunny and hot day today, I thought it would be wise to get in and do my laundry.  So, by 11am, I got 3 loads out on the line as well as the mail checked and Dad's birthday card posted off.  Then, I washed up as well.  And after the storm late last night, the plants have been all nicely watered too, so I didn't have to really do any watering of my plants yesterday.

Today, I got a bit done from my To-Do list on my iPod and crossed those things off.  And now, I have my phone bill to pay, the recycling to put out and the rest of my bedroom to sort.  Last weekend was a great success as I packed away clothes into a bag that I didn't need or want and now it's by the front door waiting to be taken away to the charity store of my choice.  However, I still have handbags to sort through and other things to do around here before I'm anywhere near happy with my place.

The clothes dryer still needs to be dealt with and I'm currently saving up for a set of shelves for the laundry for when that appliance is thrown out.  Once that laundry is sorted out, I'll be happy with it and won't have to clean it up too much; just wash the floors and wipe down the washing machine.

However, I've left the worse room until last; yep my home office.  This place has accumulated so much junk that I'm not looking forward to cleaning it out.  It will look worse before it looks better - and that's the worse thing about tidying up this place.  And it's going to be hard to do as well, seeing I can't open a window to let in air and the room is relatively small.  So, it will take a longer time than most of the house.  But I am looking forward to getting my place on track and making it look good.  I want to get my family photos up and on the walls in the stair well and I want to get everything looking good around the house too.  

Next week, Mum and I are going to be off to Bunnings to pick up a pot for the garden to bury Little Miss Stevie in.  I'm looking forward to repotting a plant and laying her to rest.  And I will take photos and make it look tasteful as well.  She was a sweet little thing and I do miss her greatly; however doing this is all about closure.  Besides, my small-leaf jade needs repotting badly, so why not into a new pot?

Well, this is my weekend and week ahead.  What are you plans?  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm/cool and remember, I'm always here.      

1 comment:

  1. had a girl's day out at the cinema on Sunday. I watched one movie with Rachel while Monique watched another movie with one of her friends. Afterwards we all had lunch in the food court at the Hippydome.

    ReplyDelete