Sunday, January 6, 2013

It's In The Jar!

Over Christmas, I saw something on Facebook which made me think.  I saw a screw-top jar filled to the brim with notes and the caption: 'Next year, get a glass jar and each time something good happens to you - no matter how small - write it on a bit of note paper and put it inside the jar.  At the end of the year, open the jar and pour out the notes and you will see all the great things that have happened to you!'
Well, while I was at Brunswick Heads, I did just that.  I bought a screw-top glass jar at FDB's at Ocean Shores and this year, I began filling it with notes of good things.  So far, I have two notes in it and it's sitting on my kitchen counter waiting for the year to pass so I can fill it to the brim with more!

So, how do you keep a count of good things to happen to you?  Do you keep a journal?  Is there a calendar you jot things down on or do you have something like I do - something you saw somewhere and have tried out from year to yearSo far, it's working for me.  And I've found that if I'm away from home, I can jot down the Good Things on my notes app on my iPod to write down later on pieces of paper; just have to remember to put a date of the good things.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good interesting idea to do. I keep a scrapbook journal album where I write what's been happening in my life each month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your scrapbook journal sounds like a good place for your thoughts and events... then you can look at everything in every way and remember all the great things in all forms! :D

      Delete