Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Easy Clean House

I've had an interesting morning.  But I'll begin with last night.  My niece, Riley, called me up and she asked me if it was okay if we had morning tea today.  I said of course!  So, this morning, it was all action stations!  I had a shower, cleaned the toilets, washed up, put out the rubbish, swept the floors and straightened up the lounge and by that time, it was 9:30am.  I hadn't gone to check the mail yet.  As I looked around, I realised that I used to spend days tidying up my living room; and now I spent had just spent 20 minutes tidying up.  This made me feel good; really good.
I didn't feel horrible that I might get visitors at any time to my place and that something might be out of place or it might be a little too untidy.  
And the best thing is that I can't wait until I get in and finish up the rest of my house so I can put away everything as easily as I did with my living room.  But my living room took a lot of time and I still have a few things that need to be done to it.  
However my next lot of jobs I have have a lot to do with my handbag collection.  I have to get it all out and look at it.  I have to figure out what I want, will I use it and which ones have to be sold off.  I'm not giving these away as they're in good condition and I have to be willing to give them up.  I'm also giving one to Riley as she loved it the last time I saw her and she spotted it.  
For the rest of this week, I'm hoping to begin looking through my clothes too and have some of them bagged up and ready to leave the house.  I might even take them down to Life Line to donate to them just to get some of the bags out of the house.  I do hope the people who get these clothes like them; as I no longer fit into them.  

This has got me wondering.  How many times a year do you clean out your wardrobe?  Or do you clean it out every few years?  I usually have a wardrobe clean out once a year, but I've been lazy lately... so this year is it.  Clean it out and tidy it up and make sure it's full of things I love to wear.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm/cool and remember, I'm always here.    

No comments:

Post a Comment