Sunday, November 11, 2012

Windy Sunday

Talk about a weekend being two totally different ends of the scale!  Yesterday was cold, wet and dreary.  The rain looked like it was going to settle in and stay with us for a long time.  However, when I woke this morning, the clouds were moving quickly away to be replaced by cold winds that have been buffeting at our houses all day.
No birds have been singing, not even the Kookaburras have been laughing.  The only birds I've heard all day are the crows cawing from the tops of trees and rooftops; as their feathers are ruffled by the winds and they stalk along the tops of the roofs and hang onto the swinging branches of the trees.  The sun has been playing peek-a-boo all day; looking nice when it comes out from behind the clouds, but not promising to stick around to warm the day up.  So, that's left me to stay inside with the house closed up because the wind is cold and harsh when it comes in through the doors and windows.  I've covered Little Miss Stevie up and she's been snoozing all day long because she has no wild birds to chat to and has been a little quiet herself today too.  
I was a bit concerned to begin with, but as I thought about this, I realised that even budgies get their down days and all they want to do is sleep.  So, I've left her alone with the radio going and she's been snoozing on her swing today.  Tomorrow will probably pick up for her.  After all, she's not under-weight, she's eating well, her eyes are clear and so is her nose, her feathers are neat, clean and tidy, she doesn't smell and her poo (I know this sounds digusting, but it needs to be mentioned) is fine.  So, it's just one of those days.  And I thought it would be good to leave her alone.

As for me?  I've been sitting here on the computer all morning.  After a breakfast of pancakes and some plunger coffee, I washed up a bit, checked on the garden and read the paper a little.  Then, I made my drink and got myself onto the internet and checked my mail, write a few posts in various blogs and then do some reading online.  
But it's tomorrow I'm going to be busy as I'm going out for a few hours.  First, I'm off to Logan Central Plaza to pick up some deodourant at Coles and a gardening tool and some cd cases at K-Mart.  Then, I'm off to Mum and Dad's place to do some housework for them.  I'll be vacuuming the house, washing the kitchen floor and cleaning the bathroom and toilet for them.  And I will be traveling around everywhere by bus... so I hope the weather will fine up well enough for me to travel.  And doing all of this shouldn't take more than a few hours.  I'll take along my handbag that I need to get fixed up so I can hand it into the guy at Arndale too.  He fixed my last one and did a great job; I hope he can fix this one.  Anyway, that will be my day tomorrow.  I also need to call the Apple Store at Carindale and make another appointment with them to get my iPod looked at - again! - to get the Apps put back on it.  I'll make the appointment for this week some time and - before long - I'll have my little bit of Apple back to the way it was before (I hope).

This afternoon, I'll be looking at tidying up the house a little.  It's been a mess since around Melbourne Cup Day and I haven't been in the mood to clean up.  So, this afternoon, I'll work for around and hour to pull in the little bit of laundry I have on the clothes horse, do a load or two of laundry, hang it on there, put away any bags, throw out last week's paper, tidy up the dining table more, clean up the lounge room and put out the rubbish.  And I've been meaning to wash the kitchen floor too; so I might get in and do that as well as dust the houseYep, this won't take too long once I get started.  Well, until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.     

No comments:

Post a Comment