Thursday, November 8, 2012

Back Gardening Again

Over the last week or so, I've been in my back yard a lot more; and it's not to carve a pumpkin for Halloween.  Well, Okay, I did that, and it was a lot of fun, but I took a good look around on that day and found my yard needed a lot of help to keep it alive.  
So, yesterday, I bought a set of pruners for my shrubs out at the fence.  But first, I tried them out on the yellow shrubs in the Body Corporate garden; and they look great!  I'm not very good at shaping a shrub, but with practice, I'm sure I'll get better.  Today, I pruned the shrubs at the fence in my yard and found them easier to prune than the ones out the front of my place.  I've still got a fair way to go with shaping, but I'm getting the hang of it.
While I was out in the yard yesterday, I drenched the lawn with the hose and pulled out all the Dandilions to the best of my ability.  Then, I got out the Feed'n'Weed and put that on the lawn and watered again heavily.  By the time I finished, my lawn looked greener, my potted plants were wet again - and had slow release fertiliser in each pot - and it was getting close to 3:30pm.  I had started around an hour before.  And today, I have to go and do it again.  Fortunately for me, it had rained earlier this morning - twice - so I don't really have to do much.  But I do love to water the lawn, it's so relaxing; and it makes it all look so green and healthy.  My next move will be to get some more lawn food.  I ran out last year and forgot to get more; so that is what I'll be buying next pay at K-Mart.  

I do have big plans for my garden over the next few years.  I'm saving up again for the yard and want to get more pots, potting mix and a want to save up big for a table that will put up with the weather better than the one I have now... or better still, a green house that will replace the table - now, that would be wonderful!  I'd like to have two green houses - smallish ones - to grow things in.  One for the shaded plants and one for my herbs I'd like to grow.  Then, I can hang things off the sides of them and make this garden look really pretty. 
But, of course, these are only plans... it takes money to make plans work.  I can only put away so much money each week, but I'm working on that.  Hopefully with this plan in mind, I'll have my garden working in not time at all.  

So, do you have any long-term plans for something you want to do around the house?  Be it inside or outside, let us know about it.  Okay, you know mine has always been to have a beautiful garden to escape to... one that I'd love to enjoy.  What's yours?  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember I'm always here.      

No comments:

Post a Comment