Thursday, October 25, 2012

Shopping Days

Today I went out to do my fruit & veggie shopping at The Big Apple down the road.  This place opened up in June and I have been a regular customer since.  The fruit and veggies here have been of top quality and the owners are just the most lovely people.  I have stopped doing my fruit and veggie shopping at Coles and Woolworths and have begun doing it here; just a 10 minute walk down the road from where I live... how convenient!

Usually, I did this shopping on a Wednesday when I did my grocery shopping - really early in the morning - however I found that I was not only rushed off my feet, but also very exhausted by the end of the day.  So, last fortnight, while my feet recovered from trudging me around half of Logan Central, I bludged out in front of the tv and realised that I couldn't get it all done in one day.  I realised if I did this all on my own in one day, I'd burn out in no time... after all I had most of my time to myself.  So, I ended up promising myself to try out splitting my grocery shop and fruit & veggie shop into two days - both in the morning - and then I'd have a good half day to do what I wanted on each day.  And you know?  It's been good this time around.

Yesterday, I found some great bargains at Life Line  and I also could take my time to do my shopping as well; which was a change.  I didn't have to rush to get it all done.  Not only did I come in under budget - well under budget - but I also got home an hour early!  I also found another multi-photo picture frame at K-Mart to use for the family collage this year (which when I think about it, will probably be finished sometime next year seeing I may be using a set of wires to hang the photos instead of hooks).  I also posted off the parcel to my Bookcrossing Birthday Buddy yesterday afternoon; and it should reach her by either today or tomorrow - in time for her birthday on Sunday.  What I sent her was a Party In a Box... this is a parcel post box full of bags of lollies, balloons, streamers, sparkly hats, 3 burnt cds of my favourite bands (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jarmiroquai and The Living End - two of these are their most recent albums while one of them are the most popular singles) and a present, a card and a note to my Birthday Buddy.  I seriously didn't know what to get her, and thought a party in a box would go over well!  All she has to do is provide the cake, some nibbles, booze and the guests and the party's happening! 

Today before going to the fruit store, I did one load of washing and put on another load then left the house.  However, I found that the ants I killed yesterday with Ant Sand were evacuating their home and all the winged ants were hoping to come inside my house.  So, I spent time killing about 10 of them... yuk!  Anyway, I was on my way and found today a lovely day to be out and about.  It's so pretty and the breeze was lovely and cool; and the day had yet to heat up.  I took some photos of a gorgeous Jacaranda Tree down the road from where I live.  Somebody had planted it in a unit complex not far from here and it's grown so tall and beautifully, that I photograph it every chance I get when October/November comes around.  Here's some shots of it.

Jacaranda Tree1 

Jacaranda Tree2

Jacaranda Tree3

Anyway, it's been a good day.  I got myself a smaller pumpkin to play with for Halloween.  And I also bought enough veggie and fruit to eat for the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment