Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Mum!

Today is my Mum's birthday.  It's always lovely when somebody like my Mum celebrates her birthday.  My Mum is a wonderful person and I thought to do up a blog post to tell her how much I appreciate her.
You see, I did post off a big birthday card to her yesterday, via express post, but it didn't show up this morning.  And so, I thought to cover all my bases and write up a post.

Mum's been here for me all the times my brother and I have needed her.  She's been a great cook, she's sewn and mended our clothes and managed to get stains out of things we thought would never leave them.  Mum's got a great sense of humour and knows how to see the glass half full, the lighter side of a dark situation and make me laugh when I really need it.
When I've been sick (and believe me, that's been quite a bit in my life) she's always been there; with Dad as back-up to help her.  She's got this great brain with so much information about everyone in the family in it.  She knows so much about us all.  She knows who's allergic to what, who doesn't like which foods and how much food each of eats, who's vegetarian who isn't, what each of us loves, hates, finds funny and remembers the most interesting things about us all.  It's all filed away there in her memory there... how she does this is beyond me.  But then, I'm still young and I'm not sure I get through my day without writing stuff down most times without forgetting half of what I need to get done.

So, I'd like to wish my Mum a Happy Birthday today.  She's a wonderful, special and brilliant person in my life who I wouldn't know what to do without if she wasn't around.  She's the glue in our family and means so much to everyone in it.  Over the years of being her daughter, I've gotten so much advice that I've had to write it down in a book to remember it all; also so I can pass it all down to my niece so she can remember the advice too.  Mum, you're the best person in our family and in my life.  Happy Birthday!  I hope your day has been fun, wonderful and everything you've wanted it to be.  I love you and hope all your dreams and wishes come true over the next year.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lyn, what a lovely message for my birthday.
    These things are what "Mum's" do for their family without a second thought.
    I will be there for you whenever you need me.
    I love you heaps, you are my sounding board too you know & we do have some great laughs together, with your little snort when you laugh ha! ha! Love you always Lyn xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you loved this. I'm glad you had a great day and I hope you enjoy the next year! :D

      Delete